24. Everything (rewritten)

Chris wished she's get into the hospital bed with him but she was sitting a few metres away from him. She couldn't complain. He pushed her away.

" The day, everyone found out about our relationship, " he paused looking at her for reaction. She just looked away from him. She was here at least, giving him a chance and listening to him so it was enough.

" Loretta and I had an argument. It was about you, Elle. She was mad at everything. I told her she should give me a divorce. " this triggered a reaction from Elle. It was that intense?. She thought. She stared at him.

" She didn't agree to it. She rather threatened me, " Elle's brow squashed together. The Loretta she knew wasn't that kind of a person. Chris wasn't a liar, she trusted him.

" With what?, " Elle asked with so many emotions running through her head.

" You. She was going to find a way to frame our relationship in a way, which made me a pedophile. " Chris swallowed the bitter taste in his mouth. How could she?. Elle thought.

" What?, Chris she can't just do that! " Elle said spitefully.

" I didn't want to put you through that,---especially in your condition. I decided to end things with you instead so that you'd be safe. " Chris bit back his tears.

"I didn't to hurt you, Elle. I never wanted to let go because you, " He paused.

" You, Elle. I'm so deeply in love with you. I didn't want to accept it but with all forces on this planet, I love you so much. " He confessed and caressed her cheeks. Elle stared at him sadly. It was late. Late for them.

"I'm with someone else, " she rose from her seat and pulled her arms away from his.

" You're joking right?, " he shook his head. She wasn't. She loved him and she didn't have to speak. It was in her eyes.

" I---I met him recently and I,we've had something going on for sometime now. I moved on Chris. " she wanted to hug him despite giving him such a news.

"No no, baby please. " he rose from his bed again and stumbled to Elle. He desperately needed the truth.

" Look at me, please just look into my eyes and tell me, he doesn't make you feel the way I do, " he held her face. Elle knew. He was telling the truth. No one would make her feel like he does.

" Chris, " she trailed off.

" Please, Elle, please tell me, " he pressed their foreheads together. The vulnerability in his voice made Elle question their whole affair. It wasn't just an affair. It wasn't the sex and thrill. It was unexplainable.

" Listen Chris. No one, nobody, no matter how perfect they are, " she was going to break another heart.

"No one will ever make me feel the way you do, it's always been you. Every single time, it has always been you Chris, no matter how fucked up you're, I love you ."

He crashed his lips on hers.

Feeling the plumpness of her lips, the taste of her lips and the softness of her hands against his cheeks.