30. Dark (rewritten)

Everything was planned, set and Chris was ready. He was ready. Bryan and the police had already surrounded the place and all they needed was the signal from Chris. But Chris lied. For good.

Bryan found only Elle at the abandoned company. Elle was the only person in the room and she had tears in her eyes. Bryan untied her and the only thing she was focused on was the phone placed on the white table in the empty space.

The police had searched around the place. But there was no sign of Chris and Loretta.

"Chris!, Chris!, please speak to me. I need to hear your voice. I need you Chris! " she cried into the phone.

" How does it feel, Elle, " Loretta chuckled darkly into the phone. Elle trembled as she tried to think. Places. Where would Loretta take Chris to?. Knowing Loretta, she kept certain memories precious.

" Loretta, I'm sorry about everything!,"

" Sorry won't make him love me again!, " she sobbed. She was gone.

" Don't hurt him, please. Everyone needs him. I need him. Theodore needs him, Briana needs him. " she stared at his two children. They came. Even if they hated her, they loved him.

Elle remembered, the cliff. Elle didn't want to stay there any longer. She escaped from their grasp and took Bryan's car. Alone.

They got married there and it was going to end there. She speed up. She parked and saw them from the beach. She climbed the rock, her skin tearing as the stones hit her. She clutched unto her leg, it had a huge cut and got to the top. Her breath was laboured and suddenly she felt something wet run down her legs.More blood. She was too wounded . Series of pain erupted through her body but she needed scream as Loretta had a gun pointed on Chris's forehead.

He was beaten to a pulp.

"STOP!, " she screamed and winced as she stumbled towards them . Loretta pointed the gun at Elle, causing her to stop.

" You don't stop, do you! , Why are you so stubborn!, " She threw the gun around.

" It's ---love and that's what you'll never understand!, " she went on one knee as another wave of pain hit her.

Chris noticed this.

"Let's see if you'll understand death!, " she was almost going to pull the trigger when Chris pushed Loretta away and stumbled to Elle.

"She's c--ah---oming!," she grabbed his arm so tight, it'd break.

A gun was shot. A bullet was pierced into someone's body. Loretta shot Chris, in his back. He tried to stand and there was another gunshot to his leg.

"CHRIS!, "

He turned and stared at Loretta. She changed. She wasn't the woman he married.

"It ends here Chris ," Four more shots were fire and Chris collapsed to the floor. He coughed blood. Elle crawled towards him and carried him in her arms. She failed to see the bullet that had hit her.

" Chris, Chris look at me, No!, no!!!,  don't die on me!, " She cried. Loretta just sat looking at one spot.

"You're safe," He whispered. His strength fading away ever slightly.
Elle touched his wounds.

"You are safe, now ."