50. Baby Shower

"Briana,tell me which shirt is gonna glow," Elle attempted for what seemed like the hundredth time. Briana was busy putting the various shirt into their respective packages. The decorations were done ,so was the food. She specifically decided to be in charge of the shirts because that was the most important part.

" I won't tell you,"  she stuck her tongue out.

" Stupid," Elle snatched the package from her hands and decided to fold the shirts herself. Briana grinned staring at Elle like a jewel.

" Stop staring, do you intend on murdering me?," Briana burst into laughter. She held her bump protectively causing Elle to stare on completely mesmerized by the sight. She remembered when she was pregnant. She burst into tears. Brianna rushed to her side, holding her as she sobbed.

Alot of questions run through her head. How he would have turned one year. But he wasn't here. How would he have looked. Who would he have a resemblance to. It had never hit her until this moment. When she saw Briana. How happy she was. How she glowed.

"Shhh, baby," Briana cooed.

" I...I...miss feeling him," Briana sulked in guilt. That was when she needed her the most. But anger had ruined so many things.

" I'm sorry I wasn't there Elle, I'm such a bad friend and I'll regret that for the rest of my life,"

" I should have been a shoulder, I should have consoled you, I was supposed to be a best friend and not an enemy," she hugged Elle tighter as she cried.

" It was so hard, so hard to let him go, it felt so painful, I lost a life, my life,"

" I'm sorry Elle, I'm so sorry," Elle pulled away, wiping her tears, that of Briana.

"You only did what every person would have done," Elle smiled. It was like a rush of emotions and memories.

The doorbell rang. Elle and Briana stared at eachother. Everyone had a key including the newest family member Alessandro. Briana's boyfriend.

" Maybe they got their hands full," Briana shrugged and went to open the door. Elle frowned when Briana took a while to get back. She decided to check on the her.

"Briana, what," Elle paused. It felt like the universe was stopped for a moment. How long had it been?. She actually forgot about them. It was so long. They left her. They made her feel like the most despicable person. Like the only person who made mistakes.

" Get out!," She yelled at them. Her parents. She use to feel so protected  just by talking about them. They made her feel so hollow, so empty. They made her feel imperfect. They betrayed her.

Tears ceaselessly fell from her eyes.

" GET OUT!," She pointed to the door they had come from. Briana rushed to her side holding her trembling body in her arms.

" I ....I don't want to see them, they should just leave," she stuttered. They left her when she needed them the most. Now they were back like nothing happened. Like they went on a vacation without her and realized they missed her.

" Elle," hearing her name from her dad's lips had never felt so painful.

" Why are you back?," She couldn't stop crying even if she wanted to.

" Are you here to see how bad I ended up?," She yelled. The two just watched her. They deserved it. She was still their daughter and it was their responsibility to look after her. They were her protectors.

"Dear," the sweet old lady she remembered so well came in. She brought them.

" Miss Loria," Elle walked into her arms. She missed seeing her. Though the countless calls made up for her absence,it was never compared to seeing the person face to face.