1. Before (I)

Elle strut out of class in her usual, not so fancy ripped faded jeans, it wasn't her life, to be getting expensive clothes day in, day out, though she could afford it. She just loved rocking old clothes, they had a sentimental value that new clothes lacked. For instance every old shirt or Jean had a memory. From meeting your first crush to your most embarrassing moment.

"Briana, you speak too highly of your dad like he's Christian Grey or something, " she chuckled, earning a punch from her friend who walked along with her bag hanging so low on her shoulder, it almost fell.

"Because he is!, He's the descendant of Greek God, " she defended. The poor girl had been talking endless about how all her friends were all over her dad and some even had the courage to approach him about it. It sucked to know people befriended you because you had a hot dad.

"You know, if you ever get as close as blushing in front of my dad, then I'll unfriend you, " she glared at her playfully. She knew Elle would never because she definitely wasn't going to. The whole scenario made her cring.

"This vacation you'll meet my dad and I can't wait to unfriend you bitch! ," Elle rolled her eyes at Briana. She was too dramatic and that was what drew her in to her, she was that kind of wild that kept her boring life a bit lively.

"That guy who invited us to the party off campus is so full of himself you know. I wish I wouldn't just go, " Elle huffed, recalling the guys cheeky invite he gave them. He was all cute and funny but once he opened those lips all he ever did was talk about himself. Including how he wanted his toothpaste plastered on his toothbrush. That was a total turnoff. But that didn't stop girls from swooning over him.

"It's not the person, it's the party,and think of it in a good way, you get drunk at his party, smoke and have the attention to yourself, it's a perfect plan, " Elle watched as she took out a cigarette and lit it once they were outside. Rings of smoke from her lips.

"You're ruining your lungs, Briana, " she scolded.

"Healthy lungs or not, we're all gonna die anyways" she shrugged and Elle just continued her walk, thinking about what Briana said about her father. What was so overly special about him?. He'd just be the regular dads, if he wasn't too strict then he'd fit into the cool dad category. She thought. Movies were nothing like real life but as an avid reader she couldn't help but try and picture him in real life.

With the way, Briana described him. He definitely wasn't a Christian Grey type of guy. He was sweet and attentive. Just like her own father. They were around the same age, with Elle's father being three years older.

He was definitely going to be like any of the fathers she had met. Kiara, her other best friend also had a dad like that. Maybe he was just....the cool dad.

If only she knew......

If only she knew how life was planning a fate far worst than a nightmare.