27. Visit (rewritten)

" Chris, how many times are you going to forget the key?, " Elle grumbled and stumbled to the door. Chris had been staying there for the past months. She was busy in the kitchen and walking had become quite a task, after staying home from having a flu. Bryan never returned. Not a word. Chris on the other hand was different.  This Chris wasn't all funny but he was just the same Chris without anger and also he still had a stone face. Like who would Chris be without that. It was a part of him. He smiled for her, only.
And that wouldn't change.

" Chris, I'm going to fucking stick the keys up your nose ,God you really have the worst memory history " she smiled as she touched the knob. She yanked the door open and raised her head.

" Loretta, " the name sounded foreign from her lips as she uttered it. How the hell did she find her?. Chris had everything planned. He had sent her the divorce papers and she actually signed them. Making Chris a free man.  It was actually shocking but maybe she regretted her actions. Elle thought.

" Hi, Elle," she smiled that multi million smile. Elle didn't know what to say or do. It was just surprising and that dress looked perfect on her. She was very beautiful, Eben though she didn't really like her now.

" I actually came to visit and check up on you, " Elle came back to her senses and moved aside, allowing her inside. Her high heels clanked on the polished wooden floors  as she took a seat.

" It's a nice place, " she looked around.

" Urr---thank you. Would you like anything?, coffee, juice? " she stuttered. Having your boyfriend's ex in your apartment wasn't that pleasant. It was nerve wrecking considering the  whole story.

" Juice is just fine, " she nodded.  Elle kept her eyes on Loretta the whole time. It still didn't sink in and Chris wasn't back yet, so it felt weird.

" Thanks, " She sipped from her glass and set it back on the table.

" How are you doing?, " She asked Elle.

"Well aside the terrible backache and terrible feet aches,from work, I've been good, " Loretta giggled and released a deep breath.

" I came here to apologize, " Elle's eyes widened.

" I'm sorry about everything, for how I treated you when I found out and to making Chris neglect you. " She grabbed Elle's hand. She could sense the regret in her voice but it didn't feel right.

" Any woman would have done that, I'm also very sorry for everything, we lied and hurt a lot of people, I hope you also forgive us," Elle said. It was all in the past now.
Loretta hugged her. It felt foreign but it was bound to feel that way, right?.

" Cheers to a new beginning ," Loretta raised her glass of juice. Elle brought hers up and finally took a sip of her juice.

They continued to talk like they used to. But something didn't feel right.

" I don't feel so good, " Elle rubbed her forehead after a few minutes. Everything began to spin and it hit her.

She drugged her.

"Chris, " she collapsed on the sofa.
Everything spun around her ,she saw the smirk on her face.

Loretta.

"Sleep dear, we've got quite a trip,"

"What did you do?, " she fell unconscious.