28. Gone. (rewritten)

" Elle,baby?" Chris stumbled into their apartment. It was quite.

He placed the grocery bags on the kitchen counter and began to place the vegetables and other things into the fridge. Living a simple life never felt simple. It was just them and Loria. The old woman who winked at him each day. Elle teased him with it.

" Baby, I got you a strawberry ice cream, four actually so I wouldn't get chased out at 2am, " he laughed. He expected her to answer but there was no answer.

"Elle?, baby ?," he rushed to their bedroom. Hoping to find her but no he didn't. It caused a panic rush inside him.

He called her phone and it rang in the same space.  He scanned the space, rushed out to Loria's door. He knocked so many times and realized she wasn't around. He called Kiara.

" Kiara, please is Elle with you?, " he asked pacing back and forth. He didn't have a good a feeling about this.

"She isn't , I think she might be at the cafe, "

"Thank you, " He hanged up and called the cafe but she wasn't there and Elle never left the house without telling him.

He stopped when he noticed the two glasses of juice. Aside Loria and Kiara, Elle didn't have any friends.

"Elle, where are you? " he tried to think. Of any place, she even barely went out ,she was that much of an indoor person. A drive to beach, restaurant and all those, they were always together.

As his mind raced a thousand miles per second, his phone rang startling him. He answered.

"Hello?," there was no response. Just the silence.

"Hello?, who is---,"

"Help me Chris!, " he went pale. Elle.
It was followed by an evil laugh.

" ELLE, ELLE, BABY!," He had never wanted to breath so hard. This wasn't happening.

" Baby!, so romantic! " Loretta yelled as she stared at Elle, tied to a chair.

" Loretta, don't do this. Let Elle go. It's me you have a problem with, not Elle," Chris bit into his fist as he trembled.

" She started this, remember, her sneaky ass stole you from me!, she took you away from me Chris, " Loretta cried and suddenly busted into laughter.

" Don't hurt her, please, don't touch my family,"

"She's your family now, wow. I never knew you could beg like this Christian Garcia and I'm loving it. I love this actually. You get to experience the pain and all. You get to suffer---both of you!, " she screamed breathless.

" Please, please Loretta I'll go on my knees if you want me to, but please don't hurt Elle,  don't touch her. I'm begging you. " he said shakily.

" How far are you willing to go for this brat?, " Loretta scoffed, a plan forming in her head.

" I'd put my life on the line, " it broke Loretta.

" Chris, don't please don't do anything crazy! " He could hear the struggle and desperation in her voice.

" Chris, please!, she's insane!, " Elle felt breathless. Chris. Not him.

" Then so be it, Chris."