29. Help (rewritten)

Since Chris didn't have anyone to go to, he went to one person. The person who always listened. He knew Loretta wouldn't get a clue of this one because she doesn't have an idea that he existed.

As he knocked, the door unlocked, almost too immediately causing his words to jumble up.

" Leave, Chris, " he didn't want to hear anymore of it. Living with a broken heart was enough to get salt rubbed on for a second time.

" Listen, please Bryan, I need your help. I really need to speak with you, " he looked over his shoulder. He was always been followed but he managed to fool them and get there.

"Chris if you're here to tell me, you lashed out on her again, I won't help you or even get into your businesses. So leave me the fuck alone ," he went to shut the door but Chris stopped him.

" Loretta kidnapped Elle, " it made him react. If he loved and cared about Elle that much then he knew he'd be crazy as he was. He had countable sips and spoons of food and water. He was slowing losing himself.

" Please let me in, I need to speak to  you. I'm being followed and God knows how much struggled I had to go through to get here. Please," He allowed him inside and locked the door.

Deep inside he was screaming to know what happened.

"How did she get her?, " he asked impatiently.

"We were at home, I went to get groceries and I came back to an empty house. I searched everywhere for her.
Loretta called and requested, something in exchange for her," he paused taking in a sharp breath. He thought he could track her down but she was too smart and involving the police was another threat to Elle's life. Loretta warmed him.

"What does she want?, money?, what Chris, tell me!," Bryan yelled frustrated. Chris buried his face in his palm.

" I need to die in other for Elle to live," Bryan stumbled back into his couch and fell into it.

" No that can't happen, we need to call the police, we have to do something." he suggested.

"That's why I'm here. I need you to help me. I'll go to the location she gave and you'll come there with the police, " Chris sighed.

"Then you take Elle to safety and please, I need to you to promise me, Bryan. That you'd protect Elle. She's  your responsibility now." Bryan's brows came together.

"Nothing is happening to you Chris, we'll take everyone out, alive, " Bryan shook his head. Chris was speaking as if he was really going to die or something. But no one was going to die. He thought. As much as he knew their rivalry. Chris mattered to Elle so much and losing him wasn't an option. He had accepted it and now this?.

" We can't trust Loretta, I know her. I know she'll do anything to hurt Elle, " Chris said.

"I'll handle Loretta, you handle Elle, promise me. "

"I promise. "