19. Second Encounters (rewritten)

Two months had passed. Things changed. So did the lady with a messy bun. She smiled brightly as she went around to serve orders in the almost full cafe. Her body and soul had healed, so did the adorable smile on her face. She always felt proud when she smiled . It gave her a push to keep going. Thanks to the woman who adored Elle, she was now in charge of taking care of it in her place. Miss Loria had retired and just when she needed someone to take care of her precious, cafe, she met her new neighbor, Elle.

Maybe it was because of how she smiled. It made her feel attached to her like family. Elle brought her dinner regularly and also got her newspapers, aside the regular flowers she always bought for her. She was an angel. Elle had told her, about him and all that she had been through.

Kiara, rushed into the cafe and hugged Elle, making her stumble slightly.

"Oh God, so sorry, you know I miss you!, " the red haired girl with bright green eyes pouted. Elle changed her mind last minute and decided to get her own place. She remembered telling him about Kiara. Not that she expected him to come, but to make sure he lost trace of her. To never find her.

" You were here yesterday Kiki," Elle caressed her arms and went back to the counter with Kiara on her trail.

" I missed, my little best friend !, " Elle burst into laughter. If she could change anything in her life then it would be meeting Chris. He broke her and in a crazy way he was also the reason she grew out of her comfort zone. She was strong now.

" You are so dramatic, " Elle said. Taking another piece of paper with an order inscribed on it.

Two toasts and a black coffee, two teaspoons of milk and a cube sugar.
Thank you.

At Loria's, customers wrote their orders and plastered them on the counter. Loria found fun in doing that. It was fun reading their orders.

She fixed the tray and got everything on it.

" Drama is life." she shrugged and stole a cookie from the jar. Elle scoffed playfully and went ahead to serve the last order for the day. She gently placed the tray on the table and channelled her gaze to the customer.

Her smile fell and it was replaced with an amused look. It couldn't be. She had lost his card whilst packing. She didn't expect to see him. Ever again.

" In a city of thousands, I doubt, " that boyish smile.

"Bryan, "

"Wanelle, "

Elle hugged him and pulled away as everyone stared at them. That was really......

"Wabelle , I never expected to see you here. I guess in a city of thousands,its easy to meet the blue eyed beauty, " he said and she grimaced, embarrased.

" I lost your card, " she blushed. His hair was tousled today but he looked good, nonetheless.

" Ouch, I'm broken hearted, " Bryan touched his chest. Elle chuckled.

" I guess I'll be coming here more often now, " he winked at her.

" You're always welcome, anytime anyday Sir Bryan."