18. Done (rewritten)

Loretta, tapped her feet continuously. Chris didn't come home last night and she was infuriated. So many questions swirled inside her head. Could he have run off with her?. Her. She cringed. Chris knew her too well to mess with her. He cheated on her. He took her for a fool and now he ran off with her?. That was the last straw. She thought.
She called his phone. Sent him a series of texts and it all led to one thing. No even an emoji reply.

The front door was shut. She hurriedly went downstairs and saw Chris coming out the door. He looked horrible. His hair was all over the place, face was swollen like he barely slept and his eyes were tired. He glanced at her and went ahead. Loretta wasn't having it.

" Where the hell were you?!," she yelled. He flinched at the loudness of her voice.

" I went to a friends, " he mumbled and headed to the kitchen with Loretta right behind him. He didn't want anymore drama. He was tired,having a hangover and a broken heart. These two made him feel like am empty vessel.

He had left Bryan's right after he left for work. His place was cozy and peaceful ,at least.

" Liar!, you went to see her didn't you!,let me put it in a very formal manner, you went to fuck her!, " she yelled. He rubbed his eyes and popped some painkillers into his mouth.

" You cheater!, " she began to punch his chest, continuously. When Chris grew tired he grabbed her wrists forcefully and pinned her to the kitchen counter. She wanted him to hit her. Like he always did. In Loretta's messed up head, she loved when he hit her. She felt loved that way. She had her own issues. Growing up in an abusive home, the only thing she was rendered to was being beaten. Being put in her place by a violent beating. In a way she always thought it was daddy issues but no. It was toxic. A toxic trait instilled in her by her father. She always felt loved when Chris abused her. Two messed up experiment in one bottle. Chris and Loretta.

" Would you leave me in peace?," he stated calmly and gazed into her lust filled eyes. She was aroused by this act, yet she was angry.

" Tell me the truth, " she said.

" Yes, I went to see Elle, " he admitted because he had nothing more to lose. He was done. Elle was done with him. Like a finished bottle of wine.

" To fuck her?," she scoffed.

" To end things." he stiffened at his own words. It stung to feel that way. To feel so empty yet, so regretful.

Loretta smirked. Chris loosened his grip on her. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. She was sexually frustrated and this news was music to her ears.

Chris, pushed her away, glared at her with venomous hate.

He walked away, done.