7. Crimson

Elle felt her hand shaking. Her body felt like she had been drenched in water. How was he here?. As she followed the trail of his gaze, it landed right on her belly. He had seen it. His eyes widened as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"You're pregnant?," he trailed off, because he could hardly comprehend it. He had just met Elle a month ago and having a bump that looked like a three months pregnancy only meant one thing; she was pregnant the whole time. That was exactly why, she never paid attention to him. She was already with someone.

" I..... I.... I, " Elle stuttered. She shut her eyes for a split second, before stumbling back from the shock. Theodore caught her before she fell and guided her to a seat. He got a glass of water and helped her drink it.

"You don't have to worry, I won't tell anyone without your permission, " Theodore sighed. Even though he was heartbroken, he still cared for her and he saw the fear in her eyes. The fear of being caught.

"T... thank you ," she rasped out and looked away. The guilt was too much to bear. She was looking right into the eyes of her baby's older brother. Yet, he, Theodore had no idea, the girl he so desperately cared for was his father's.

" Is... Is the father here with you? " Elle swallowed the bitter taste in her mouth.

"No, he's not. I don't want to talk about him. "

"I guess no-one knows, right? " he asked worriedly.

"I've decided to move anyways, I didn't want anyone else to find out about it, I plan to be a single mother, " Elle sniffled. Her emotions were all over the place. Pregnancy hormones.

" That idiot is a bastard for leaving a woman like you. He couldn't care about his child, he's a fucking coward." He sneered as he thought of everything. How could someone leave a woman like Elle, she was every guys dream. His too.

" Please, promise you won't tell anyone about this," Elle pleaded. .

" But, Elle,"

" Please, " she interfered.

" I promise, my lips are sealed." He nodded.

" What is the gender? " He caressed Elle's bump.

" It's a boy, " She smiled. She was feeling light, now that someone else knew about it. She felt relieved because she could tell him about everything she'd kept inside.

" I guess, I'm his godparent, " Theodore joked as he pretended to be speaking to her bump.

Older brother.

Elle corrected in her thoughts. She was content that at least her baby could feel the presence of his family.

" Come on, I'm also done with my check up, let's have lunch, " Elle nodded. She was starving anyways.

Theodore grinned, a toothy one. He didn't mind her being pregnant, he still had feelings for her and a baby wouldn't change that. If the father could allow her to come for the gender reveal, without having courage to see his baby, then he didn't deserve to be in her life. He thought.

" It doesn't mean I'm agreeing to date you," Elle laughed at how rosy,his cheeks were and the grin plastered on his face.

You wouldn't want to look at me if you knew.

" Yes, dad's outside, I kinda asked him for a ride, " Elle's eyes bulged out.

" What?,Theodore why don't you go alone, Mr Garcia might get suspicious," Elle tried to reason with Theodore.

" I'll tell him, I asked you to come here, " He shrugged and held Elle's hand. He walked out of the hospital with her.

Chris had a frown itched on his face as his son, approached his car with Elle. What was she doing in a hospital?, With Theodore at that. He asked himself.

" Hey Dad, please drop us off at the restaurant downtown, we are going to have lunch, "

" Elle?,what are you doing here? " Chris's gaze flitted from Elle to Theodore. He thought she said she was watching a movie or something. Maybe she was watching it on her phone or something. Elle would never lie to him. He trusted her entirely.

" I asked her out for lunch and told her to come here, so that right after my checkup we'd eat lunch, " Theodore lied perfectly. Chris eyed him. He didn't flinch. Then why didn't he let them pick her up, for goodness sake she stayed opposite their house. Chris thought. As if Theodore read his mind, he went to clear something up,

"She came to get something here so that's why we didn't pick her up on our way. " his palms were sweaty from nervousness. Elle, was just gone.

" I'll join you guys then, " He suggested and they both nodded. Elle was so nervous, she could hardly speak. The guilt of keeping her pregnancy a secret from him hurt. So bad.

At the restaurant, Theodore fed Elle all the time. Squeezing her cheeks and openly flirting with her. Chris watched on, his knuckles white and appetite completely gone.

He felt like a third party and the only person he blamed for this was Elle. She gave him the right to go on. Constantly blushing. Grinning and being so comfortable with him.

"You look cute eating doughnuts, "Theodore teased.

"You jerk, stop watching how I eat, you sound like a psychopath." Elle glared at him playfully.

Chris had, had enough so he stood up abruptly.

" I'll be going then Have a great day Elle, "he stated dryly and left without another word.

"Dad, " He was already gone.

Elle, also excused herself. With the lie of going to the bathroom. She had followed him.

"Chris, wait," she groaned when he didn't answer her.

"Chris, the fuck, wait!, " She hurriedly grabbed Chris's hand and he pushed her away.

His car was parked at the most deserted part of the parking lot.

"What?! " he yelled at her.

"I should be asking that you're the one who left there with such a temper! " she retorted.

" Go fuck him, would you?" His breathing was ragged and heavy.

" Chris, " she tried to close the distance.

" You are leading him on! " his demons coming to surface, he couldn't think all he saw was someone taking her away from him.

" Wait, Chris you're married. You literally kiss your wife in front of me every damn day and choose her over me every fucking minute and you are mad your son took me out for lunch!?," she asked breathless.

" Shut up, "

" I won't!, you're acting childish, Chris. Theodore is nothing to me, believe me!, Stop being a grown ass kid! "

" ELLE!, " He screamed at her. Not only that. He wanted to slap her but he refrained from it. All he could see was red. Not calming down to see reason.

" Wait , Chris, please stop, don't go yet! " Elle pleaded as she felt every part of her body ache for an unknown. She nearly, nearly revealed her pregnancy to him.

" Fucking respect me, brat! " He got into his car and sped off, leaving a flustered Elle, holding unto her baby bump and her head spinning, it became hard to stand. Then she felt something running down her legs. She touched it and brought it to her face, the crimson fluid tainted her finger. A ripping pain erupted though her body. She felt like she was sinking, she cried in pain as she fell to the ground.

She grabbed her phone and called the last person,she could think of.

" Theodore, please help me, " she grunted into the phone and fell into the darkness around her.