35. Stay

Chris was discharged two weeks later. Those two weeks was far worse for Elle than seeing him unconscious. He treated her like a stranger. Barely spoke to her and she had been rendered to a state where she hardly saw him. She only went to the hospital with foods that he loved and stayed out all day and now that he was discharged, she was sure, very sure she'd never be able to see him as regularly.

" Briana, allow me, I'll make that " she said quietly as she watched Chris being helped upstairs. Her parents were no longer staying in the apartment opposite Chris' .They had moved. It now crossed her mind. Did they hate her that much?. She was their daughter.

In the comfort of his home, Elle helped Briana set the table for dinner. She played with her food as everyone ate in silence. The doctors warning was that they had to be careful around him.They were not allowed to talk about any of his past memories around him and that if that happened, he'd force himself to remember and that would worsen his condition.

"Elle, you haven't had a bite of your spaghetti yet, it tastes great, " Chris' voice broke her out of the trance she was in.
Her brows rose, "Huh?,"

"Your food, it's turning cold, and I can't let you miss this tasty dish, "

"Briana, has improved so much, "

She made it.

" Oh, right, " she forced herself to take a bite. He didn't even remember the taste of her food. She paused, as tears dropped into the food. She was completely wiped away from his memory. He remembered everyone except her, part. Even Loretta, they had to lie that she was out of the country for some business.

"I'll take my leave, Mr Garcia, Urr Briana, Theodore....bye, " she took her plate away from the table and returned with her bag strapped across her body.

" Do you stay around?, " Chris asked as he stared at her. He was always worried about her, in a way he couldn't bring himself to understand.

" Oh no, it's ten minutes away from here, " she answered, avoiding eye contact.

" Why don't you drop her off Briana?,"

"Oh, no you just came and you'd need all the presence, you can have, " she forced a smile, her cheeks even hurt.

Without another word, she walked away. Chris stared at her. He knew she wasn't alright. He wasn't stupid or that oblivious to  not notice but why?. That was the question , why was she like that?.

"Wait, Elle, " Briana stopped her. She had a quizzical look on her face. There was absolutely nothing for her there. She knew from the start  maybe that was how they were supposed to end. With Chris having no memory of her.

" Do.... you need any help, Briana, " she asked avoiding her gaze. If she met her eyes any moment, she'd not be able to hold it back.

" Stay. " Elle's eyes met hers. What did she mean.

" But, " she trailed off.

" You don't have to leave, Elle. I know dad doesn't remember you but you are very important to him. And I can come up with an excuse. You don't have to go. " Briana stated.

" Briana, " Elle pulled her into a hug.

" Thank you so much, thank you. " Elle broke down. At least she could see him.

When Briana returned with Elle, Theo and Chris looked confused.

"Dad, if it's alright with you, can Elle spend some time here?, Her apartment ceiling came down, luckily she wasn't around ." Briana held a worried expression. That was the only lie.

"Goodness, what would have happened if she wasn't here. She can stay for as long as she want. Prepare the guest room for her please. I'm sorry about your apartment Elle, " Chris rose to his feet, having a slight limp.

"It's, it's nothing Mr. Garcia, I consider myself  lucky, " she shot Briana a look.

" Let me know if you need anything, dear,"

Theodore rose a brow, questioning Briana. She nodded at him. He realized it and understood it.

"Thank you Mr Garcia, "

"I totally forgot about that, Elle call me Chris, we're not in the office, " he waved it off.

She tasted the name off her lips, after a long time.

" Thank you, Chris, "

A/n

You asked and HERE IT IS!!!