40. Stay With Me

Kiara was laying face flat on her sofa, completely passed out. They had emptied the bottle. Elle on the other hand sniffled loudly and fixed her high heels. She was a giggling mess. She stuffed her bag with her phone ,clumsly and mumbled a goodbye to Kiara. From the living area to the door felt like a road trip. As the caring friend she was, she shut the door carefully behind her and headed for the elevator.

She had no plan on going back to Chris's place so soon. Once out of the building,she stopped the cab and showed him an address on her phone. She got in the back seat and stared at the city. The lights,people and all the beautiful stars.

Tiny droplets of rain pelted down on the glass. The coolness of the glass gave a euphoric feeling. It felt peacefully cold. She blew air on the window glass and drew random signs. The driver came to a stop at the address and he informed her.

" We are here ma'am," Elle came out of her bubble and paid the driver. She struggled to stand on two feet now. The alcohol had totally paralysed her now. The ground felt too high and it was hard to focus on one image. Everything had turned into two. She pouted and walked to the door.

The memories flooded her mind....

It felt like yesterday when they were here and now she was a stranger. A mere stranger. What if he moved?. She knew it was a bad decision but it was the same bad decisions that made her this way. That made her kiss Theodore and be so madly in love with Chris.  Her life was toxic. He was the only person who brought sanity into her life. He was so calm,so beautiful and peaceful. He loved her but what did she do?. She left him and now to be back at his door step ,she wanted to turn around and leave.

Her senses worn ,she turned to leave.

"Wanelle?" she froze on the spot. Even been fifty shades drunk,his voice couldn't go unnoticed.

She turned around. The universe was surely against her this time. She threw up on him, she stained his clothes and hers together.

"You're wasted," his hand held her lower back tightly. Instead of walking her inside he picked her bridal style and carried her inside.

Elle used that time to closely look at him. He had cut his hair much shorter and now he had tattoos up his neck. Bryan had changed so much. He had changed beautifully.

" I.... I'm sorry about your shirt," Bryan had taken her to his bathroom. She wasn't in the best condition.

"It's nothing Wanelle, I never in my wildest dream ,thought you'd show up Infront of my doorstep,completely wasted," he joked but he barely laughed. He wasn't that sweet Bryan. The sweet summer breeze Bryan.

"Your tattoo looks amazing," she pointed to his neck. He had gotten her towels and a large shirt.

" Try to shower and get into something comfortable," he left the bathroom. From the second he had called her name at his door step,he hadn't looked at her once. Why was she here?. Bryan asked himself when he stepped out of the bathroom. He had tried to forget her but everything came crashing down now. That sparkling feeling was back. All the pain,heartbreak was back . He tried to hate her but he couldn't. Even after so long he couldn't do it.

She was Chris's woman. Not his but what was the need to protect her always.

He didn't know he hadn't moved a muscle until the bathroom door creaked open. Elle came out in his shirt. She rose her brows ,questionably.

" The shower was so good, I needed that Bryan. " He gritted his teeth. The urge to kiss her ,to feel every inch of her skin was strong but he controlled himself.

To his surprise,Elle stumbled to the bed and tossed herself into it. She pulled the heavy blankets over her tiny frame and it didn't take long before she dozed off to sleep.

" Why did you come back Wanelle?"