Welcome to the Playground Part 4

Powder placed you down on the ground and sat down across from you. She took a blue gem out of her pocket look at it for a couple of seconds. You went to reach for it. Though she quickly placed it back in her pockets.

"Sorry Y/N this is something that you can't have. Here play with this instead."

After a couple of mins Powder decided to go back down stairs carrying you along the way.

"She's a problem..."

"Mylo, I'm really not..."

"Do you remember what was in that bag? The biggest payout we've ever seen and she just lost it."

"She made a mistake"

"Name one time she hasn't"

"She's young."

"Don't bullshit me. You were twice the person at half her age."

"You know what Mylo your right! There's a bunch of things Powder just can't do."

"You don't have to tell me twice."

With that Powder takes you upstairs and into the bedroom. In the bedroom Powder sets you down on her bed. She starts to have tears in her eyes but then wipes them away. You look at her with confusion not able to understand why she's crying. You crawl up to her to hug her. She wipes her tears away.
"Thanks Y/N." She then starts to work on one of her gadgets and you start to play with one of your toys.

He hear a door. Vi had just walked in.

"What are you calling this one? Vi asked.

"Whisker"

"You wanna talk about today?"

"What's the point? I ruined everything. I always do."

"Nobody said that"

"No. Just that you were 'twice the person' at half my age. You heard them. I'm not a fighter."

"You don't have to be. Look, I've got these and you've got those. And Y/N well she got her strengths as well even at a young age."

"Those don't even work.."

"They will. Come with me.."

"What?"

"And bring Y/N with you... Come on."

The 3 of you head up to the rooftops. Vi sits at the edge then grabs you from powder holding you in her arms. Powder sits down. You all look into the distance.

"What are we doing here?"

"See that gutter running along the canal?" Vi hands powder a pole and powders looks inside. "That's where Claggor got his foot stuck running from enforcers. They thought it was funny, so they left him there. He was out all night before we found him."

Vi smiled "That sign, you see it?"

"Uh-huh."

"Mylo tripped over his own painted bucket and almost fell off trying to draw a giant middle finger. His ass made that splotch" Powder giggles.

That right there Vi points to the stuff bunny. "When I was a kid, some guy took my favorite toy and threw it up there. I used to come out here at night and stare at it, hoping maybe the wind or a bird might knock it down. We've all had bad days. But we learn. And we stick together." Vi then hugs powder and kisses your forehead.

"Oh, I forgot. These were in my pocket." Powders takes out all of the blue gems. You start to reach over. "They're from the apartment."

Vi sets you in her arm again. "What are they?"

"I don't know. Should we show Vander?"

"No, let's keep this our little secret. Mylo's wrong, Powder. You're stronger than you think. And one day..." Vi stands up "This city's gonna respect us."

------------------------------------------
[ In Another Place in Zaun ]
------------------------------------------

A young man is breathing heavily, 3 men are surrounding him.

"You were supposed to follow them and not interfere." ???

"I'm sorry.." ??? "They just caught us by surprise."

"Now his accomplice is asking questions about you. That's not a risk I'm willing to take." ??? hummed.

"The kids. It was their fault, the explosion in the upper city." ??? Cried out.

"That was them?"

"Yeah. The topsiders are up in arms looking for 'em."

"Vander's in trouble. Smartest thing you ever said, boy. Get him a meal. But keep him off the streets. Our timelines has moved up."

"It's almost ready." ???

"Show me Singed."

"Feeding time..." Singed told the cat.

"And the side effects?"

"Stabilizing."

The rat drink the liquid and starts to move rapidly. It then kills the cat.

"Do you have a subject in mind?"

"Someone just volunteered..."