Bring your parent to school day (Scarlett)

Y/N's age: 8
Scarlett's age: 28
Colin's age: 30
Your dad: 30
....................................................................................
Narrators pov

"Okay, Remember tomorrow and the day after you get to bring your parents to school with you so they can talk about their jobs." Your teacher said as she passed out papers to your class.

She handed you one and you asked, "So I can bring my mom tomorrow and my dad the day after?" You asked curiously. "Yes, but you don't have to bring them if you don't want to." Your teacher said, kind of announcing it to the whole class. You nodded and got up from your seat to line up at the door.

////

In the car

"So how was school?" Scarlett asked as you got into the car. "It was good, I have something to give to you when we get home." You said putting on your seatbelt. "Really? Is it a bad note from your teacher?" She asked looking back at you to make sure you were buckled in.

"No, mommy. I was good, I promise." You said, picking up your iPad from where you left it earlier that morning. "Okay well, wanna get ice cream before we go home?" She asked, driving away from the school. "Sure!" You said smiling as you opened YouTube.

////

At home

"We're home!" Scarlett screamed so Colin could hear her from wherever he was in the house. "Okay, I'm in the dining room." You heard him reply as you took of your shoes. "Mommy, when do I go to daddy's house?" you asked, as you and your mother walked to the dining room.

"Uhm, I think he's picking you up today at 6, but you'll be back home tomorrow because he has to go do some work." She responded a little taken back by you asking. You usually didn't wanna go, so you asking about it was unusual.

You both got to the dining room and were met by Colin just sitting down signing a few papers. "What'd you need to show me baby?" Your mother asked as she sat down. "This, it's basically where you come to my school and talk about your job. I can choose 2 people, one of them is gonna be you. So, can you come to my school tomorrow? Please?" You asked handing her the paper.

"Of course, I'll go." She said which made you smile. "Thank you mommy." You replied. "No problem sweet pea." She said hugging you. She broke the hug by kissing you on the forehead.

"Got any homework?" Scarlett asked. "Nope, but I need to decide something." You said. "What are you deciding? Maybe I can help." Scarlett said. "It's not really something that you can help with but I need to choose between daddy and Colin to bring to school the day after you go. And I don't know who to choose, Colin has the funnier job but daddy well he's my dad and it's bring your parents to school. And I don't wanna make daddy mad if I don't choose him but I don't want Colin to be sad either." you said a little stressed.

"Oh baby, I don't think your dad or Colin will care. You choose who you want. If you want to bring Colin then I'm sure he'll go, and you can ask your dad if that's who you want to go, when he gets here." Scarlett said. "Thank you mommy, you're the best. I got to go get packed, I love you." You said, smiling and heading upstairs. "I love you too." Scarlett said right before you left.

Colin had just finished signing his papers so he went to sit by your mother on the couch. "So, what's new with y/n?" He asked. "Nothing much, she just didn't know if she should choose you or her father for being your parent to school day. I just told her to choose whomever she wants because she was stressing over how you two would react if you didn't get chosen." Scarlett said, kissing Colin on the cheek.