Divorce (Scarlett)

Y/N's age:13
Scarlett's age:34
Romains age:36
Plot: Basically a divorce ; Rose or cosmo don't exist in this story, neither does Colin.
.....................................................................................

Narrators pov

You had just gotten home from school, with very good news.

You had a very big test, worth 70% of your grade and you got a 95% on it.

You were very excited to tell your parents, especially your mom because she helped you study for it.

You thanked the man who dropped you off home.

You walked into the house, taking off your shoes and jacket. You called out for your parents but didn't get a response back, you heard voices upstairs so you headed up there.

As you got closer to the noise, you knew it was your parents arguing once more. They did it so often, that at this point it was just annoying.

You watched them argue over nonsense from the doorway. You didn't notice as tears ran down your face.

"Can you just calm down, please? I don't want y/n to hear us arguing. She's getting home from school soon." Scarlett said.

"You want me to calm down?! You're the one making a big deal out of this. We could've simply, just moved her schools." Romain said, raising his voice.

"Well, she wouldn't have wanted that, she loves that school. If we change her schools without asking, she will hate us." Scarlett defended.

"WELL YOU SPOIL HER TOO MUCH, ITS NOT ALWAYS WHAT SHE WANTS, SHES A BRAT!" Romain yelled back. Scarlett looked at him angrily.

You couldn't believe what you were hearing. Were you a brat? If so you didn't mean to act like one. You were sobbing at this point, still not taking your eyes away from your parents.

"OKAY, ITS ONE THING TO ARGUE WITH ME ABOUT SCHOOLS BUT THEN TO CALL MY DAUGHTER A BRAT! SHE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING SO DON'T BRING HER INTO THIS!" Scarlett defended you, screaming at Romain.

"ONE, SHES MY DAUGHTER TOO! AND SHE IS, SHES A SPOILED BRAT, ALL YOU DO IS SPOIL HER." Romain yelled back, moving his hands aggressively.

"WELL YOU DON'T ACT LIKE SHES YOUR DAUGHTER. I SPOIL HER YES, BUT SHES ALWAYS BEEN GRATEFUL. SHES NEVER BEEN A BRAT ABOUT ANYTHING, SO DON'T CALL HER ONE JUST BECAUSE YOU AREN'T GETTING WHAT YOU WANT." Scarlett yelled back, starting to get a lot angrier at the fact that he keeps calling you something you're not.

You couldn't take it anymore, you ran off to your room leaving them to continue their screaming match.

You opened your room door and climbed into your bed. You laid in your bed, until you eventually cried yourself to sleep.

——

You were woken up by a knock on your door. You looked over and picked up your phone, it was 5:30. You had gotten home around like 5:10.

You weren't sure who it was but you could only assume it was one of your parents so you ignored it. "Y/N? Can I come in please?" You heard your mother say from the other side of the door. As much as you didn't wanna talk to her, at least it wasn't your dad.

"Come in" you muttered, but loud enough for her to hear. As she opened the door, you turned your face away from the door, so that she wouldn't see your dried up tears.

"Hey, baby. When'd you get home?" She asked, sitting on the edge of your bed. "I don't know, about like 20 minutes ago." You said, digging your head into your pillow.