happy birthday mama < S.J. >

y/n's age: 10
scarlett's age: 37, and then 38!!!!
plot: it's scarly's birthday!!
warnings: none, full of fluff
a/n: it's scarlett's 38th birthday!!! i'm so happy!! i love her so much and i hope she has the best day! last year, i only made a chapter saying happy birthday to her so this year i'm gonna actually write something for her birthday.

——

narrators pov

"mama please!" you beg, bouncing up and down on your bed. "mmm, let me think... no." she simply states, giving you a kiss on the forehead. "but i wanna say happy birthday to you at exactly 12, this isn't very fair." you groaned, laying down on your bed. "don't worry, you'll have all day, around school, to tell me."

"i shouldn't have to go to school on your birthday." you state, making her chuckle. she wasn't actually planning on sending her joy of the world to school on her birth date but she still wanted you to get some rest before tomorrow. "hm. and why's that?" she asks with a smirk.

"because, you're gonna be so bored all day without me." you declare, smiling up at the women you love the most in the world. "maybe, i'll have to sleep on the idea." scarlett says making your smile immediately grow. "really?!" you ask, shocked that she was even debating letting you stay off.

"yes but only if you get some sleep." she said, making you shut your eyes and get comfortable. "alright. goodnight y/n/n. i love you." scarlett says, giving you another kiss on the forehead. "goodnight mama. i hope you have a good day tomorrow."

——

"mama!! mama! wake up! it's your birthday!!" you said, jumping up and down on scarlett's bed. scarlett groans loudly, as you begin to jump on her stomach. "alright, alright. i'm up." she says, sitting up and grabbing your tiny body. pulling you onto her lap, she lathers your face in 38 kisses.

"38 kisses to my best girl for my 38th birthday." she says, making you blush. she does this every year to the point where it's now a tradition. "happy birthday mama!!" you giggled, giving her one big kiss on the lips. "thank you my sweet girl." she smiles, racking her hand through your messy bed hair.

"how about we stay in my bed, watch movies and cuddle for a little while?" she suggests, making you smile. "sure but let me bring breakfast up here first." you said, sliding your body down scarlett's tall bed. "breakfast? y/n.. did you use the stove?" scarlett asks, giving you a mom glare. she's taught you how to cook but only allows it with her supervision.

"no, i had uncle hunter order us something. also he says that's your birthday gift." you said, making scarlett roll her eyes at her twin brothers words. "alright, i'll be back." you said, going downstairs to get the breakfast. while you were downstairs scarlett called hunter to say thanks and to tell him that he better have gotten her a good gift this year.

"did y/n not tell you what i said? the breakfast is your gift." he says, making scarlett roll her eyes once again.

"hunter. stop messing around, i'll give your gift to my co-workers son and go order you a slurpee from 7-eleven." scarlett threatens, making hunter groan through the phone.

"i'm just joking, i have your gift and it should be at your door later today." hunter says, just as you walk back into the room.

"well i already had yours mailed, so it'll be there in about 30 minutes." scarlett says before they exchanged goodbyes and hung up.

"i got it!" you said, placing the plates of pancakes down on your mothers side table. "aw, thank you my love. what movie should we watch?" she asks you, as you climb back onto the bed. "it's your birthday, you choice." you said, cuddling into your mother.