alcohol addiction pt.3 (scar)

y/n's age: 13 & 15
scarlett's age: 30 & 32
plot: same as the last chapters
a/n: uhm, this is a like a short story because there might be like 5 parts total, so...
tw: idk yet i'll come back and change it if there is.
....................................................................................

"all i'm saying is that it might be better to tell her about it. maybe not now but eventually" she says, handing you a plate of pancakes. "yea, i guess" you reply, looking down at the pancakes which have drawn smiley faces on them which make you smile.

——

narrators pov

4 days until scar returns!!!

"it's only a couple of hours" you say to lizzie, while sitting down watching tv. "i'm aware of that but i just don't want to leave you alone again" liz says. "but you have to, it's for your job and it's not like you'll be gone for 2 weeks and a half" you say, rolling your eyes.

elizabeth sighs, "y/n that's not fair, and you know it" "i don't see how it's not, it's true" you reply. "so i assume you're still ignoring her calls?" lizzie says.

so let's fill you in on what's been happening to you the past 3 days. you've been ignoring scarlett's calls because you feel guilty for lying/ keeping what happened that night from her. < seems as if i know more about your life than you do >

you've been making excuses like you're tired or you're busy, which you're not. last night lizzie got a call saying that she has a last-minute interview so she's gonna have to leave you for a couple of hours.

"your assumption is correct" you reply. "that's it, i'm calling her and you're gonna hold a conversation with your mother." lizzie says, finally cracking. you've been crying over how much you missed her and then ignoring her. it's honestly sad.

"no, i'm not talking to her. i don't want to" you plead, which didn't work because you hear lizzie's phone start to ring. "you are talking to her, and you do want to. stop lying to me, we both know you miss her and you ignoring her isn't gonna make her get here any faster." she says sternly, handing you her still ringing phone.

s- hel-

"no" you say hanging up the phone before scarlett can finish greeting 'lizzie'

"y/n!" lizzie scolds, taking her phone from your hand. "i told you i didn't wanna talk to her, and i don't like being forced into things." you say, with an attitude.

l: i'm sorry, i didn't mean to hang up

s: hey.. that's fine. is everything okay?

l: yea, everything is fine but y/n wanted to talk to you.

lizzie says which makes you snap your attention to her. she passes you the phone and you just stare at her until she sends you a deadly 'talk to your mother now' glare.

you: h- hi

s: hi baby, how are you?

you: i'm doing okay, you?

s: i'm getting by, but i miss you

you: i miss you too, i can't wait for you to come home.