anti-hero (taylors version)

y/n's age: 16
natasha's age: 37
plot: i don't even know but anti-hero
warnings: implied self harm, sad thoughts, not happy at all, implied ending (so could end happy if you want or you could let it be sad), i think that's all
a/n: so basically this is literally gonna revolve around one of taylor's new songs (anti-hero) yk because natasha is an anti-hero (comics). in this story you are too, so for future reference you were in the red room for a period of time. although, this has nothing to do with being an anti-hero lmao

(you aren't natasha's biological child but she's known you since you were born and she's adopted you.)

——

"you aren't listening to me!" you scream, crying of frustration. "i don't know what to listen to anymore y/n! you tell me one thing and then go and do another!" natasha screams back, she's this close from breaking down right in front of you. she doesn't understand what's happening, neither do you.

"look at me." natasha says calmly, trying her hardest to contain her anger. you don't move a muscle, your blurred vision staying locked to the kitchen island. "look at me!" natasha screams, hitting her fist on the kitchen corner. you immediately snap your head to look at her.

"i'm sorry," natasha apologizes, almost immediately. "i didn't mean to do that." you stayed glued to her, her body movements, not blinking, not moving a muscle. "i'm just trying to understand, i don't care about your grades. as long as you're trying, and i know that you are. what i don't like is the skipping school, the lying. what is that about?" she asks, looking at you with a sympathetic frown.

you didn't reply, you continued to just stare at her. "y/n answer me please. you're older now and i would hope that you could at-least speak to me." natasha frowned, pleading for you to speak to her. did she do something? is something happening at school? what's going on?

"I have this thing where I get older, but just never wiser."

you just continued to stare at her. what was wrong with you? why couldn't you grow? why were you still this little kid who couldn't form enough words to speak? "nevermind, forget it. just go to your room." natasha whimpers, trying her hardest to contain her tears. you didn't say anything, you just got up and walked out.

in your room, you just drowned in your own sorrow. you didn't know what was happening. this seemed like routine at this point. coming back at midnight and doing whatever you needed to do in those moments. the arguing with natasha was something new and something that neither of you enjoyed.

"Midnights become my afternoons."

you couldn't do it, you couldn't argue with your favorite person. this was all too much. you needed to do better, you can't let natasha be sad. you don't want her to feel sad.

natasha just stayed there looking at the place you were moments before. tears consuming her vision, she wasn't mad. not at you at-least. she wasn't trying to start a screaming match in the middle of the night, you just hadn't been home all day for her to bring it up. she knew that you would be gone before she got up in the morning, you do it all the time.

you would leave early in the mornings and return late at night. was it to avoid her? was it something she did? or maybe something she didn't do? she didn't know, you didn't know. nobody knew what was happening but then again every one who had interacted with you and natasha knew something was wrong.

"When my depression works the graveyard shift, all of the people i've ghosted stand there in the room."

usually you and natasha were inseparable, either gossiping about people or natasha listening to you speak about your favorite things. either way, you would always be together, crying, laughing, smiling, just existing. but now, every time natasha visited the compound, you were no where near.