28 ~ Young and Beautiful

Pairing: Bucky x Reader

Warnings: This has a little bit of angst, but it is mostly fluff. You know me:)
Insecurities, mentions of botox/plastic surgery, tears *sniffle sniffle*,

Summary: You ask Bucky a very important question.

Song Prompt: Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Ray ~ Bucky Barnes

A/n: This was written for 's song challenge! I chose Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Ray with Bucky Barnes. I had high hopes with this one. This was shorter than I intended it to be, but even the shortest of stories has good meaning. Right? Anyway, I hope you enjoy this mess:)

It was your 20th birthday, and Bucky gave you the only present you ever wanted: An Explanation

It was your 20th birthday, and Bucky gave you the only present you ever wanted: An Explanation. The war, the tests, the train, the 75-plus years of dreamless nights full of terror, and finally the serum. The serum that would make him live... for a long time. To some extent, that is. Although it may not make him immortal, the super-soldier serum that was ruthlessly injected into him made him extremely strong, intelligent and added many more years to life...

His explanation was, long and agonizing to hear, and you listened; knowing just how much he needed to get it out of his system. "Now you know. Such a great birthday, I-I'm sorry Y/n. You deserved such a better birthday than this." You took a second to answer, still taking in everything he has been through in his past. But the only thing you could think about was if he would still love you.

"W-will you still love me? Will you still love me when I'm old and wrinkly?" You ask the burning question as tears brimmed in your eyes. His blue eyes sparkled in the natural sunlight shining through the window. You turn your gaze to his, letting one hot tear fall down your cheek. He's fast to catch it with his thumb, and he gently pulls your hands into his. "Can you listen to me, little one?"

You nod, letting Bucky explain to you what is going to happen. "We live in a time where technology can be a gift or a weapon. From when Hydra worked on me, to now it has gotten more complicated and I know what it can do to people. I will always love you no matter what. No matter if you lose the color of your hair as it fades to a beautiful silver. Even when your skin forms beautiful lines of age, even if your eyes will see me different or not at all."

He continued on as he held your hands softly in his. "As I have said, technology has gotten more advanced. Don't put this poison in your body. You are beautiful just as you are and no gift card or surgery will do anything for it." He paused, holding up the perfectly wrapped gift card to a plastic surgeon.

"I think your mother is a tramp who will do anything to see you fail, but me? No, I want to see you succeed, and become an even better version of yourself. I will love you for you, because at this point, age is just a number. Isn't it?" His thumb caressed your bottom lip as his hand rests gently on your cheek.

A smile grew on your lips as you nodded. "Age is just a number." You repeated, and you wrapped your arms around him. The love of your life, the 106 year old super-soldier who has dedicated his life to loving you. He will always love you, even when you are no longer young and beautiful. But, you are always beautiful, no matter what people think.