Chapter 16 - Field Trip, Start!

Here we are, the start of the Field Trip arc. Let's see just what everyone's up to on the morning of the first day shall we?

--------------------------------------

A cool morning like any other, except today was the day of the Field Trip.

Making sure to get up early, you double and triple checked that you had packed everything: clothes, toothbrush, earbuds, and you even packed your Nintendo 3DS for the fun of it because why not?

The Group Chat had been absolutely terrorised by Yotsuba the night before, who was sprouting her excitement to us all in any way she could. It was heart-warming to see how much she was looking forward to this, but you had to admit you had actually warmed up to this trip. It could be a lot of fun after all so you thought you might as well not waste it and sulk throughout the entire thing.  

After turning the key swiftly into the front door and making sure it was locked, you head out towards school where everyone was to meet up and board their respective buses. 

Except.....

You were the only one of the entire group that was actually there....

When you arrived, Fuutaro was nowhere to be seen. Nor was Ichika, Nino, Miku, Yotsuba or Itsuki. "How the hell can there be 6 other people and none of them show up, what the hell is going on?" You think to  yourself.

You sent a text into the group chat but it was to no avail, as no one replied or had even read it even after 5 minutes. Now everyone was boarding their respective buses.

"Class 2-5! Please board this bus immediately!" A teacher shouted, your entire class shuffled onto the bus and you desperately tried to keep a hold of your phone. In the crowd you somehow boarded the bus near the beginning of the line so you sat near the back. Not on the row of 5 seats at the very very back but a few rows in front.

Luckily though, no one sat next to you, people wanted to sit with their friends and this just seemed to be the way it turned out. You sigh to yourself and anxiously check your phone again hoping to see some change to the message status. There was none.

The bus trip there with Nino sitting next to you was the plan from the start, you wanted to spend a lot of private time with her before the trip but now that was gone. Solemnly, you pull out something from your pocket;

An Origami Butterfly.

2 weeks ago you had no clue how to even fathom Origami, but in truth you wanted to make something small for Nino as a sort of personal gift and you were planning to give it to her on the bus, not the most romantic place in the world but, it would have been special in it's own weird way.

You turn the Origami Butterfly around and look at it from a few angles before a frown appears on your face. Putting it back in your pocket to prevent yourself from getting any more depressed, you glance out the window and see a crowd of teachers gathered by the entrance of your bus. You pay it no attention and put your earbuds in and scroll through a few playlists.

 You decide to go to the Videogame OST playlist with over 400 songs in it. After scrolling for a few seconds, you settle on the Credits theme from Super Mario 64, huge nostalgic classic for you. Letting the song hit you in the feels, you lean back in the seat and close your eyes, thoughts of where the entire group was were racing through your mind but you managed to get lost in the music the music, until....

"Oh, what do we have here? "

Upon hearing the voice, you open your eyes and look next to you where the sound came from.  As if the day couldn't already get worse, currently sitting beside you was none other than Kaito.