Chapter 35 - Soft-Boiled Eggs

New Arc Begins! Enjoy!

-------------------------

It had been nearly 2 weeks since your birthday and Today was finally the day. The night before, Mr.Maruo had texted you asking to be at the Pentagon at 10 a.m.

You honestly had no idea what to expect out of this trip. Seeing as their father was there, you didn't know how much you'd be able to interact with the girls, or if he'd be keeping a close eye on your every move.

Fuutaro also told you a few days ago that his family had won a trip somewhere, he didn't say where exactly in his excitement but you were happy he and his family got to have a nice time away somewhere together, they really deserved it after all the stress he'd been put under recently and Raiha was probably bouncing from wall to wall with energy at the prospect of going on a trip. Thankfully, you were a fast packer, so your suitcase was ready within 20 minutes of waking up, There was about an hour before you had to be there and the nerves were starting to kick in a teensy bit.

As if it was a favour called into god, a notification sounded out from your phone that was on charge on your desk, seeing a Good Morning text from Nino could wipe off any bad mood you maybe have had previously.

Well, not much to do besides make some breakfast and sit around until you order a Taxi. If only she knew the surprise of her boyfriend that was going to randomly appear in about an hour's time.

---------------

It was 10am on the dot as I arrived at the Pentagon, I looked up at the building in an attempt to mentally prepare myself for going inside and facing Mr.Maruo yet again. I noticed Ebata was already waiting for them in the parking lot.

"Mr.Ebata!" you called out, walking over to him.

"Ah, greetings Y/N" he bowed.

"You don't have to be super formal with me you know?" you laughed, Ebata was someone you had crossed paths with a couple of times before back when Maruo worked at the hospital. Ebata would show up on occasion to drive him places so you always used to wave at them out of the window if they left before you did.

"So, I take it that you're ready for your trip?" he smiled.

"Somewhat..." you looked away from him slightly, "I take it you're driving us?"

Ebata chuckled. "You are correct. I have to say, it is nice to see you in such good health after all of these years"

"Oh.. uh thanks..." This conversation was making you feel very awkward and not easing your nervousness for the trip ahead, but who knows, maybe it could be fun.

"I think Maruo does still have quite the liking towards you" Ebata suddenly continued the conversation, but his words confused you.

"Really? Well, he doesn't really seem to show it. It was cool for me to see him again but he didn't seem as enthusiastic