Chapter 40 - Golden Ticket

Both spring seasons each year I've written this story I've gone MIA. Sorry about that.

Here's Chapter 40 after a long wait, hope you enjoy :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The month of May had rolled around and the Quintuplets' birthday was only a couple of days away now, the ever-looming presence of the upcoming May field trip was something to be excited about too.

Like a smart and responsible young man, you had already made sure to get gifts for the girls ahead of schedule so you could just take it easy until their day came.

Currently, in the class, the teacher was talking about something but you weren't paying too much attention and were instead focusing on the mother bird feeding its young outside in their tree nest, the noise of the classroom was background to you, that was until...

"KYOTO!?" The class erupted in unison which made you flinch"

"Yes... Kyoto is where this field trip is taking place" the teacher confirmed, pushing up his glasses as if the shockwave of excitement almost blew them off of his face.

Immediately, my eyes shifted a few seats forward to Fuutaro, who noticeably perked up slightly at the announcement. Kyoto was special to him after all so while he might not show it, you knew he was happy with this choice.

"Kyoto huh..?" Nino turned around on her desk to face you. "Excited?" she was trying to gauge your reaction.

"Why wouldn't I be? It's a field trip"

"Last time we had one you confessed. Maybe this time you'll propose?" Nino grinned like she was seriously expecting something"

"Not happening" you shook your head. "Don't get your hopes up. I might buy you a cool hat if you're lucky though"

Nino pursed her lips. "Hmph, suit yourself" She turned around to face the front again.

"Nino... I'm not gonna-"

"I don't wanna hear it" she ignored you. "You can get on your knees and beg for an apology later"

This girl...

"Mmm, maybe..." you heard Miku say besides you, she seemingly was staring off into space and mumbling to herself.

"You thinking of the next plan of action?" you leaned over to her desk. She quickly snapped out of her thoughts at the sound of your voice and vigorously shook her head.

"I don't have any plans like that..."

"Sure you don't..."

"Don't look at me like that" Miku sighed and flopped onto the table, resting her head on her arms and turning so she could face me while lying down. "I want to... y'know... soon. I think"

"Make up your damn mind!" you snapped at her.

"Excuse me?"

"You're gonna lose the race if you keep playing the tortoise. You think if I just let my feelings for Nino linger, another guy wouldn't have eventually come along?" you asked rhetorically, "Look at her!" you pointed over towards Nino who was pouting from earlier while twirling a strand of hair around her finger. "She's literally the cutest thing in this entire world, someone else would have definitely tried to make a genuine move on her sooner or later if I didn't step up"

"I doubt it. She was really into you after all" Miku stared into your eyes.

You felt a blush coming along. "A-Ah... Well maybe so. But you can't be submissive forever"