Chapter 26 - Nino's Resolve

The 2nd box set of the QQ manga has been bought and should release in September, hopefully it won't be delayed like the first one... right?

-------------------------------

"Fuck" you said out loud, slamming your fist against the hard stone wall as you paced back and forth in front of a bench outside. 

After Yotsuba had told you about the track team, it admittedly sent you into panic mode. Yotsuba was the type who couldn't say no after all, it wasn't a surprise she'd now found herself in this situation.

Things were really starting to spiral out of control. But the priority right now should be informing Fuutaro and coming up with a solution, if he calmed you down and you both though rationally, surely you could come up with some sort of backdoor route for Yotsuba. 

"After all of this is over, I am so going to have to start therapy...." you muttered to yourself as you broke off into a sprint around the school, trying to find Fuutaro.

You found him with Itsuki, the both of whom where apparently looking for Yotsuba herself.

"Y/N!?" 

"Y-Yeah..." you wheezed. "Just, let me catch my breath.." you huffed, gasping for as much air as possible.

"Okay... Yotsuba signed up to help the track team this weekend"

"WHAT!" both Fuutaro and Itsuki screamed in unison.

"That was my reaction too" you sighed.

"So what can we do..?" Itsuki pondered 

You kissed your teeth, and walked straight up to her and grabbed her cheeks.

"YOU, can make up with Nino and then this situation becomes 50% easier" you shouted as you stretched her cheeks all over the place.

"Dude, chill out. Extending her face by a few extra inches isn't going to solve anything" Fuutaro pointed out, putting a hand on your arm and making you release Itsuki.

Her cheeks were bright red, and she had a shocked look on her face with tears beginning to well up in her eyes.

"Shit... sorry, I just got a bit agitated"

Itsuki wiped her eyes. She stormed up to you and raised her hand to slap you, but her eyes widened and she sighed, dropping her hand back down to her side.

"Sorry..." you said again.

"Let's just figure out what to do about Yotsuba" Itsuki diverted, giving you the cold shoulder. 

"She's outside practicing right now, we can go and talk to her" you suggested. They both agreed and you all headed outside.

-----------

Yotsuba was talking with a group of girls, and judging by their outfits it was the rest of the track team.

Being on the baseball team and formerly the basketball team, you'd run into the President of the track team a number of times. You hated her. She was always a pain to deal with, oppressive, generally annoying and just a rude person if things didn't go her way. It was no wonder someone like Yotsuba would be roped into her madness.

The three of you approached the group mid-conversation.

"Oh. Y/N, what brings you and your friends here?" she smiled.

"Tell me, are you the president of this team? You're pretty brave for practicing when an exam is so close" Fuutaro started.

Here we go...

"Of course! It's an important Tournament, we don't have time to waste with a mere exam!"

"Mere exam...?" Fuutaro boiled.