Chapter 31 - Mr.Maruo

-------------------------------

"P-Papa!?" you cried out in shock as the man stood in the doorway before you.

"Nino. It's good to see you." his lips barely curling upwards as he talked. The emotionless expression you were well accustomed to was delivered with his arrival. It made your father a hard man to read and a hard man to not be intimidated by.

"W-What are you doing here all of a sudden?"

"I thought I should visit my daughters. I had some time off of work so I could fit this in my schedule"

His tone was as cold and emotionless as always.

Your father stepped past you and joined the rest of the girls at the sofa.

You could hear their various reactions to his sudden appearance, but all that was currently on your mind was Y/N. He was still in the bathroom, and It was only a matter of time before he was finished with his business. As far as papa was concerned, Y/N didn't even exist, he'd never even been mentioned as a partial tutor to you all let alone a friend or anything more.

You walk back over to everyone and you catch Ichika's eye. She gives you a look to read your facial expression and realizes the same thing you do.

You had to get your father out of here as soon as possible.

"So how was your Christmas?" he addressed you all. The opportunity to get him to leave in such a short window of time was essentially impossible, it looked like the only outcome was him discovering Y/N being here. Even so, there wouldn't be a reason he found about you both dating unless he explicitly went to your room so that was at least avoidable.

Miku looked over at you and realised as well what situation you were all currently in. But someone had to answer him.

"O-Oh. It was pretty usual" Ichika stepped up to say. "Nino cooked a lot of food for us and we just exchanged presents as usual" she spoke pretty fast.

"U-Uh, yeah! we had fun Papa" you said as you began to pull out your phone. Preventing Y/N from leaving the bathroom was another option you had... until you realised his phone was sitting in plain sight on an empty cushion of the sofa.

In a panic, you swipe the phone behind you to hide it from your father's view.

Itsuki looked at you in confusion for a brief moment, but seemingly pieced together the situation judging by her subtle glance up towards the bathroom.

Your father looks around the room, but seemingly dosen't notice your actions. "And how is your tutor?" he asked sternly.

You almost gulped aloud as he asked that

"Oh, Uesugi?" he's been great. He's at his grandpa's" Yotsuba answered.

Itsuki began to climb the stairs, her goal was to get to the bathroom and tell Y/N the situation.

As Itsuki began to walk towards the bathroom door however, the flush of a toilet echoed throughout the apartment.

Itsuki was still in clear view for papa, and everyone else was accounted for.

His eyes squinted slightly, his face barely change but all you could feel was some faint type of anger.

"Who is in there" he calmly asks you all, to which no one says a word.

Itsuki was completely frozen and looking directly at papa.

"I'll ask again. Just WHO exactly is in there"

The running of a tap fills up the silence of the entire apartment.

It was over.

The Bathroom door unlocked and then swung open.