Aliyah's POV

I can't believe I'm here right now. Standing in front of the priest and about to say my vows to the man I hate so much. This would be over soon, I can do this. I told myself a hundredth time. 

The priest suddenly broke into my thoughts, "I know you're nervous but just repeat after me, Aliyah."

I just nodded and repeat after him saying my vows and the rest of the ceremony came into a blur.

*****

"You okay?" Nic nudged me once we got settled at the back of the car. We're now on our way to the reception.

"What do you think?" I snapped at him.

"I think that you're upset and a little bit scary." He joked back flashing his smile.

"Jeez, I hate you!" I slumped back into my seat and look towards the window ignoring him.

"Way to make me feel special, love.  Look, I know you hate this as much as I do but we have to act normal at our reception.  And when I say normal, I mean you don't say 'I hate you' in front of our guests."

"Fine. Whatever Nic."

I never wanted to get married to him in the first place but because of our grandfathers' wish, we did. I can't believe that I would end up marrying this idiot sitting beside me.  Our grandfathers are best of friends and I've known Nic my entire life but our history hasn't been a good one.  As far as I can recall, he would tease me until I cried so hard and came running to my parents.  He would pull my hair, poke my butt, yank my skirt, and other embarrassing things that a little girl wouldn't dream on experiencing.  He just lessened teasing the crap out of me when I turned 16 and started dating guys.  By then, he started seeing a lot of girls already.  But the worst of it has yet to come. When I was in junior, I started dating Gideon Mills. He was a senior just like Nic and I was so happy he took noticed of me.  But then Nic had to come and destroy my happiness just like he always does.

"We're here," Nic interrupted my thoughts.

I heard the guests clapping and cheering as he got out of the car and held out his hand for me. I put on a fake smile and placed my hand in his.  As we walked towards the reception, my two best friends came running towards us.

"Liyah! You're finally married. I can't believe you're the first one to get married among the three of us. You broke our promise!  We're supposed to get married at 30 not 25!" Belle exclaimed.

"Don't mind her, Liyah. You are so beautiful." Ciara kissed my cheek.

"Thanks girls. You both look beautiful too," I replied.

"We gotta go now Liyah. The guests are waiting for us," Nic interrupted our conversation.

"Go now hun or mister grumpy will spank you." Belle said laughing.  We walked towards our table where our parents are already sitting.

When we arrived at the table, both our parents stood to greet us. I turned my attention towards my grandfather who was sitting on his wheelchair.  "Hello grandpa, you feeling okay?"

"Nothing could make me feel bad when I live to see my beautiful granddaughter get married," he replied patting my cheek.

"I'm glad I made you happy grandpa." My grandfather was the only one who supported my decision to travel instead of going to college.  I have always been fascinated with beautiful places and I promised myself that I would go to each in every one of them after high school.  Of course, my parents don't like the idea of me travelling alone but I was 18 and they couldn't do anything to stop me from doing what I wanted.  My grandfather would send me money when I didn't have enough so when he requested me to marry Nic, I couldn't say no and hurt his feelings.  I know this is very important to him and it's the least that I could do after everything that he has done for me.

During the dinner, people started clinking their glasses and shouting "kiss".  This would be the second time that I have to kiss Nic.  It's not that he has bad breath or anything because his breath is actually minty.  It's just that I hate him so much that I need to ignore him in order to stay in the same room with him and kissing him wouldn't help that.

He turned to me and flashed his white teeth. "I guess we have to kiss, love." He is such a jerk and a total player!  But I have to do this.  I winked and smiled seductively at him while I held his lapel and pushed him towards me, kissing his mouth.  The guests kept on cheering and when I felt him respond with the kiss, I abruptly pulled my face from him.  I straightened his lapel and look towards our guest grinning.  I can see that he looked dumbfounded and just kept staring at me so I whispered to him.

"You have to act normal, Nic.  Stop staring at me like it was the best kiss you ever had," I smirked.  Well, two can certainly play this game.

*****

After our family and friends had said their speeches and wishes, Nic turned to me and held out his hand, "Can I have the honor to dance with my wife?"

"Sure." He led me to the dance floor and placed both his hands in my waist.

"Now, you have to wrap those gorgeous hands around my neck, love."

I followed his instructions and my fingers started making circles behind his neck. "Just like this?" I asked seductively.

He lowered his head and looked deeply into my eyes. "Yes Liyah, just like that." Now inches apart from my face, I can feel him breathing and I suddenly feel funny inside.  What the hell is he doing with my body? He's an expert in terms of seduction, I have to remember that but that doesn't mean that I don't have my own share with seduction.

We started to move with the music and I rested my head in his chest.  I felt his hands lowering in my butt and he started groping it. "If you continue feeling me up with those hands, I promise you wouldn't live to see tomorrow." He eased his way up my waist and we continue to dance as the other guests started to dance around us.

"Can I dance with my daughter?" I heard my father asked and I looked up.

"Of course," Nic replied and placed my hand in my father's.

We started swaying when my father said, "I'm so proud of you, Aliyah."

"I didn't do this for you, Dad.  This is for Grandpa."

"Doesn't mean I couldn't be proud of my only daughter."

"Whatever Dad."

"You always brush people off, Aliyah.  It's not an admirable quality.  I just want you to know that your mother and I have forgiven you for running off to Europe like that."

"I don't wanna talk about it, Dad.  And I never said that I was sorry for what I did because I never regret any of it." I was done talking about this.  My parents never contacted me when I went to Europe, it's like they have forgotten that they have a daughter.  I was about to walk out of his arms when I heard a familiar voice.

"Hi Uncle Dean. Can I have a dance with this young gorgeous brunette here?" Cole asked.  My dad looked at me and I saw Cole winked at me.

"Yes of course," My dad replied and handed me to Cole, Nic's brother.

Cole turned to look at me and said, "You looked almost ready to punch your dad."

"No, I can't do that with everyone around.  I was ready to walk out of here though."

Cole looked amused. "Chill, sister-in-law.  You have to thank my brother later for making me walk here and steal you from your dad."  Cole was like the baby brother that I never had.  Unlike his big brother, he was always sweet and so protective of me and we get along so well.

"Jeez Cole. You don't have to sell your brother to me.  I know that deep down you came up here willingly." I laughed, gently slapping his chest. "Thanks for rescuing me anyway."

"Okay, I'll admit it. You're beauty can't just be ignored and I couldn't help myself seeing you squirm in your dad's arm. Plus your dad doesn't know how to dance like this." He raised my arm and spin me around.  I laughed when he I stopped spinning me.

"Seriously though, don't hesitate to tell me if you have any problems with Nic or anything at all," He said seriously.

"Okay, thanks again Cole."