Nicolas' POV

I looked towards my brother as he leaned and say something that made Liyah laugh. Why couldn't she laugh like that when I talk to her?  Maybe because all I did was piss her off.  But I just love seeing her all heated up.  Thank goodness the reception is about to come to an end.  I'm so tired smiling with all these people.  And the press people are also here which really annoys me.  Not that I could do anything about it, Liyah is very famous now.  Upon staying in Europe for three years, she found friends and they formed and a band called Echo.  Now the band was very popular all over the globe and anywhere she goes there are paparazzi on her tail.  I don't know how she can live with those people following her around.

"Nicolas." I turned around as I heard Liya's grandfather called me.  He was best of friends with my late grandfather.  The two of them made a promise to marry off their son and daughter but both of them never had daughters so they pass on the task to their grandchildren – Liya and I.

"Grandpa, you okay? The party is about to end now," I told him.

"I just want to thank you, Nicolas. And please take good care of Aliyah. I know she could be difficult most of the times but just be patient with her."

"Of course grandpa, I will take care of her," I smiled and kissed his forehead then I saw Liyah approaching us.

"Grandpa, Nic and I are going now.  You behave and try not to piss dad, okay?" Liya told his grandfather.

"Can't promise that, sweetheart especially when I enjoy doing it," Grandpa replied.

Liya laughed. "Fine with me, grandpa. We're going now. Bye." She kissed his forehead and turned to me. "Come on, Nic. You don't wanna be late with our flight, do you?" And with that, she turned her heels and walk towards the exit where guests are lining.  She changed into a shirt with "look all you want" printed on front and "but I just tied the knot" printed on its back, and black skinny jeans that made her ass looked so edible.  Goodness! Why was I thinking about her ass? Get a grip Nic!

I followed her and a thought suddenly came into my mind.  Without warning, I carried her bridal-style. She squealed but then wrapped her arms around my neck. The guests were all clapping and cheering as I carried her towards the car.  We're going to Maldives for our honeymoon.  It was arranged by our parents just like the rest of our wedding.  I can't believe I agreed to this.  Arranged marriage isn't something people do nowadays but then here I am trapped in a marriage of convenience.  I just agreed for this to happen because our family business is going down and merging it with Liyah's family business would save our families dignity.  It took them a long time convincing me but when I saw my father crying one night because the business his family built has been going backward, I finally made up my mind.  I never saw my father cried and that moment I decided that I need to do this.  It's not like I would be marrying a stranger.  Liyah and I went to the same school in gradeschool and high school.  But we hated each other.  Rather, she just hated me.

"Do you really have to do that?" She glared at me after I closed the car door.

"What? It's what I saw in movies."

"Jerk!"

"I love your shirt, by the way.  Makes me feel your all mine." I gave her my most seductive smile that I know would make women swoon.

"It’s a gift I was forced to wear.  Can you just shut up, Nic. My headache's getting worse with your player ass talking to me."

Well I guess my smile doesn't work on her.

"Okay, I'll shut up now. You don't have to be so grumpy.  Jeez, do you have your period or something?" She just glared looking ready to kill me so I raised my hand as a sign of surrender.