Aliyah's POV

"What took you so long Cole?" I asked impatiently as I closed the door of his car. "I have been waiting with those greedy eyes looking at me."

"What greedy eyes?" He chuckled.

"The security team in the airport," I told him and he just laughed at me.

I contacted Cole last week asking him if he's available today to pick me up at the airport. I was planning on surprising grandpa for his 85th birthday today. Nic doesn't know that I would be arriving today and I'm sure he's gonna be surprise to see me.

I never thought it would be possible to miss someone like i miss Nic. Phone and video calls were the only times that we can talk and it's killing me inside that I can't touch him, though I tried so hard to hide it from him.

We pulled over at my parents house, the house that I've grown up and spend my childhood years. "So you still not gonna tell me about you and Nic?" Cole said after turning off the engine.

"Nothing to tell Cole." I waved him off.

"At least I tried," He murmured before getting out of the car and walked towards my side to open up my door.

I told Cole to walk inside first and I'll just follow him to surprise my grandpa. He was walking in the foyer when my Mum saw him. "Cole! What took you so long? Nic needed help with the barbecue at the back."

"I just need to fetch someone. So where's grandpa?"

"He's in the living room with everyone," My Mum replied.

Cole placed his arm on my Mum's shoulder and dragged her towards the living room. "Come on auntie, I have a surprise for everyone."

I stealthily followed them, hiding in between furnitures until I arrived at the living room. I heard Cole greeted his parents and my Dad before turning his attention to grandpa.

"Grandpa! Happy birthday! I brought a surprise for you." With that I stepped out from my hiding place.

"Happy birthday grandpa!" I shouted and all attention were on me. All of them were clearly surprise by my sudden appearance. I walked towards grandpa and kissed him on the forehead.

"Oh Aliyah. I know you wouldn't miss my day for the world," My grandpa said with a tears forming under his eyes.

"We weren't expecting you Aliyah." My Mum came to hug me and everyone followed.

They all asked about me, wondering how I got here with my tour still going on. "So Nic doesn't know you'll be coming home?" Aunt Liz, Nic's Mum asked.

I was about to say no when Cole snaked his arms around my shoulder. "No Mum. Liyah called me to fetch her at the airport. Apparently, he didn't miss Nic that much." I elbowed him in the stomach which made him growl in protest. "Oww that hurts."

"Stop hitting with my daughter Cole." My Dad scolded him with a hint of humor and he just laughed and pulled me even closer to him.

"I watched your interview with Marie Kelly. You were really great in there," Aunt Liz gushed.

"Except when he compared Nic into a dog," Cole interjected which made everyone at the room laughed.

"What are you laughing about?" I suddenly heard Nic's voice and I looked up to see him looking shocked to see me. "Liyah?" He asked, disbelief clear in his face.

"Hi Nic." I simply smiled at him, trying to resist the temptation to run and envelope him into an embrace. Damn, I missed him so much that it aches just looking at him standing there in all his glory.