Aliyah's POV

Everything in life happened for a reason. We might not know whatever that reason is but we still held to that notion that something good will come out of it. That was the thought that ran on my head as I walked out of Nic's penthouse early in the morning after I told him the night before that we have to get divorce. Did I do the right thing? Of course I did. I don't do regrets.

It was a very difficult move for me. I didn't bother waking up Nic because I don't think I can leave after what happened that night. The note that I left for him said it all. I willed myself to believe that this circumstance will eventually lead into something good. Well that's all I can do now, just hope for the better. A sound coming from the kitchen brought me out of my reverie.

"Aliyah Adams! Are you gonna skip breakfast again?" It was Ciara who shouted from the kitchen. Adams, that just reminded me of him. Again.

I rolled down from the bed and do my morning routine before making my way to the kitchen. Ciara was frying something while Belle was pouring some orange juice.

"You should stop calling me Aliyah Adams." I emphasized the word Adams so she would get what I meant.

"Of course. Sorry for my mistake," Ciara quickly apologized. "You should eat breakfast though. You have been skipping it since you arrived here."

Ciara's right, I have been skipping breakfast for a week now. But I don't feel like eating during mornings.

"I just don't feel like eating." Ciara brought a plate with fried eggs in front of me and the smell just went directly to my stomach, making me nauseous.

Bile suddenly rose my throat, making me jump from my seat and ran towards the bathroom. I threw up the contents of my stomach, if there was anything left of it.

I heard footsteps before a hand took my hair out of my face and stroked my back until I finished throwing up.

"You okay, hun?" It was Ciara's worried voice who asked.

"I think it's a stomach flu." I stood up and rinsed my mouth.

"You sure about that? You've been throwing up lately." She asked, looking doubtful.

"Yeah, I'll just take some meds and I'll be fine."

"No!" Belle suddenly shouted. "You need to go to the hospital. What if you're pregnant?"

Belle's question hit me hard. Could I be pregnant? No, I couldn't be. I pushed away the thought and left the two of them standing in the entrance of the bathroom.

"Liyah! Are you pregnant?" Ciara followed me.

"I'm not. You guys, please don't freak out over me just because I threw up. It's just stomach flu."

Crap. What if I'm really pregnant? I mentally counted the last time I had my period.

As if reading my mind, Belle suddenly asked. "When was your last period?"

I finished my counting. Crap. I'm late. But I couldn't get pregnant, could I? We always used protection. Well, there was one time that we forgot. But I couldn't get pregnant with just one time, right?

"Hey, are you okay?" Ciara touched my hand and led me to sit on the couch.

"I'm late," I blurted out.

"Holy bagels. I'm gonna buy a pregnancy kit." Belle literally ran out of the apartment, only to get back seconds later because she forgot to bring some money.

"Honey, just because you're late doesn't mean that you're pregnant. And even if you're pregnant, we're still here. We're gonna take care of you and the baby."