Aliyah's POV

"Congratulations beautiful!" Fellow singers congratulated our band for winning the people's choice award tonight.

We're really happy that we've gone this far in our career. Who would have thought that a band singing in streets and bars before were now one of the most popular bands all over the world?

Life seemed perfect right now. My career is going well and I have Nic by my side. I haven't felt loved and happier until now.

"I'm going to talk to you after this," Seth whisphered in my ear and I turned to him with a questioning look but he just ignored me and continued shaking hands with people. What is it about that he sounded so serious?

"What did he say to make you look like that?" Nic interrupted my reverie, squeezing my waist gently.

"Like what?"

"You have that cute little furrow here." He touched my forehead which made me smile.

I'm glad Nic was here with me right now. It has been a rough week for both of us especially for him because he has been very busy meeting with probable investors. Gideon really has done a lot of damage. I was so stupid and naive to have fallen on his prey.

"He said he's going to talk to me after this."

"Why?"

"I don't know. He didn't say anything."

He took my hand and gave me a small smile. "Don't worry about that. I think you socialize enough with these people. What do you say about going back to the hotel now?"

"Sure." My aching feet badly needed to rest and I wanted to spend more time with Nic.

We walked hand in hand towards the exit. Different photographers and reporters were waiting at the red carpet as we exited the main room.

"Can we take some photos?" A photographer asked.

"Sure." I smiled. When we arrived earlier, the band posed several photos at the entrance but I think it wouldn't do bad if I pose for some more.

Nic loosened his grip on my hand and motioned to leave me alone at the front of the cameras. I raised an eyebrow at him, meaning him to stand beside me. Luckily, a photographer interrupted us. "Uhm can we take photos of you together?"

"Sure." It was Nic who replied and stood close to me, wrapping his arm around my waist.

The flicking of lights blinded me but I still managed a smile especially when Nic asked, "Do I look good enough?"

I straightened the lapel of his tuxedo and answered, "You look okay."

Our little exchange was interrupted by someone calling my attention. "Liyah, you two look great together but were wondering if the rumors about your extramarital affairs are true?"

I was about to answer but Nic beat me to it. "Liyah and I had a rocky start in our marriage but I'm glad it's already pretty smooth. Now about those rumors, I'm pretty sure they will remain rumors forever."

The reporters started to fire questions simulataneously after that but Nic continued. "If you don't mind, I'd like to be alone with my wife and celebrate. Thank you."

*****

"Since when did you become my spokesperson, huh?" We just arrived at the hotel we're staying here in L.A.

Nic took a seat beside me and rested his head on my shoulder. "Sorry, I was just so tired that I wanted it all to be done with." He lifted his head and looked at me. "So what did you think of my answer?"