Aliyah's POV

I can feel my heart pounding as Nic inches his face towards me.  I should not let him have this effect on me.  I look at his eyes and said, "Bring it on."

As he was about to kiss my waiting lips, my phone suddenly rang interrupting us.  I look at who's the caller.  "Sorry to burst your bubble Nic but I need to take this."

Nic stood up and gestured his hands towards the area where I can have a private conversation.  I walked towards there and answered the call.

"What is it now?" I snapped at Ciara on the other end of the line.

"Whoa you sound like you've been deprived of an almost orgasm," Ciara laughed and I rolled my eyes. When I glance back I saw Nick boring his eyes on me again.

"Think whatever you wanna think honey but I will spare you the juicy details."  My friends did not know my agreement with Nic so I need to pretend that I'm hopelessly inlove with my husband.

"Whatever Liyah.  Anyway, I called Mr. Harrison and he said that he can't move the date of the concert so we'll just have to stick with it."

"So he won't be doing anything about it?  But I already have a scheduled concert for the Little Angels.  And it was arranged months before Mr. Harrison scheduled that concert."

"I'm sorry hun but I already told him that but the venue is already fully loaded with the other dates."

"Then we're not gonna do it," I decided.

"Are you out of your mind?" Ciara exclaimed.

"I'm not gonna postpone my concert with the Little Angels."

I heard her took a deep sigh, "Yeah I know it's a lost cause.  I'm gonna inform Mr. Harrison then.  Enjoy your honeymoon."  Ciara knows that I prioritize charity concerts more than anything else.

I walked back towards Nic and took my seat. "Who was that?" He asked.

"Are we being possessive now?"  I teased him. "You know I hate possessive."

Nic laughed at that.  "I'm just trying to make a conversation here, love." 

"That was Ciara.  She was updating me with work,"   I replied.

"Now that you mentioned it, can we have our dinner at the cottage?  I have work to do."  The workaholic Nick is back on business again.

"You can have your dinner anywhere you want but I am not gonna spend my three-day vacation at that boring cottage."

"But you can't go out alone.  What if someone recognize you and make some stories that we don't spend time together on our honeymoon.  You don't want your grandpa reading that."  The manipulative jerk.  He really knows my weakness.

"You're an asshole!"

"Don't worry we're gonna have our lunch outside that boring cottage.  And tomorrow we will do whatever you want."

"Hmm let's do bungee jumping then."  I teased him again.

"I'm not gonna do it.  Period."

"Oh you're such a baby Nicolas."  I pinched his cheeks like he's a little boy.

"Get those fingers off me before I bite them."   He threatened me but I saw a glimpse of smile on his lips.

I pulled my hands off his cheeks and took the glass of wine from the table.

"So where we gonna have our lunch?"  I asked.

"Just some place where you and I could have alone time together."

"Wow that really makes me giddy," I said sarcastically. 

"Stop mocking me, Liyah.  I'm pretty sure you'll like the place."

*****

To say that I only like this place would be an understatement of the year because I love this place.  The food was also fantastic and the ambiance itself is amazing.  It was a floating restaurant.  The design was all underwater creatures, including the pantings in the wall and the cute miniature sea creature toys that were displayed.  The place was surrounded by aquariums that it feels like you're under water.

"This place is totally amazing," I told Nic between bites.

"Told you, you'll like it."

I look sideways before whisphering at him. "I'm gonna build a place like this at home."

"You better tell the owner about that, you don't want him filing a lawsuit against you."

"You think I don't know how that kind of thing works?  I'm not dumb.  Just because I never got into college like you do- "

"Hey hey I was just kidding, Liyah.  I never thought you would be so sensitive with that topic."  He interrupted me.

"I just don't tolerate people looking down on me."

"I was just teasing.  I apologize for saying that.  And I think you're brilliant.  Plus, you earn a lot more than I do by just singing."

"I don't just sing, asshole.  I perform.  And that is so much tiring but I love it."  I explained to him.

"But what about when you get older?  You know stuffs like that don't last forever," He asked.

"Well, I have you to take care of my needs."

"Haha very well said.  Seriously though."

"Well, I think my business will flourish by that time," I responded and that makes him wonder.

"What business?"

"I've been investing in two night clubs right now. And two restaurants.  And I would certainly love to make something like this at home."  I gestured towards the surroundings.

Nic looked so shocked. "That is... that is really amazing, Liyah.  I didn't know you have your own business."

"Well, it's not like what you have but I have more experiences in restaurants and bars.  I've worked in at least a dozen."

"Surprises.  I'm glad I married you."  He said seriously looking deep into my eyes and I feel a foreign emotion that runs deep into my bones.