Nicolas' POV

Three weeks have passed since the announcement of the merging of our companies. Three weeks since Liyah and Gideon have been reunited.

"Do you think I should ask her about this?" I asked Cole, pointing to my computer the article I have read this morning. There was a photo of Liyah and Gideon having coffee in some restaurant circulating in the internet.

"Heck yeah." Cole replied determined. "It's breaking rule number 3, right? " Yes, rule number 3 - be discreet in having affairs.

I'm glad Cole knows about our arrangement since from the beginning. And it wasn't me who told him about it. It was Liyah. That's how close they are apparently.

"You really think they're having an affair?" Why do I feel a pang of hurt just saying that? Shit. This is bad.

Cole stood up from his seat and walked back and forth in front of my table. "I don't know man. But I wouldn't be surprised if they are. You know how much Liyah loved Gideon back then."

"But that guy's an asshole." I muttered under my breath.

"Yeah, we both know that but Liyah doesn't. I suggest you talk to her instead of babbling to me of how jealous you are."

"I am not jealous! I'm just concerned. That's it."

"Whatever brother." Cole turned his heel and left my office.

*****

When I arrived at my penthouse, I heard someone playing a guitar. I stepped into the living room and the band was there - Seth, JC, Andres and Liyah.

"Hey guys," I greeted them.

"Hey Nic," The guys greeted back.

Liyah stood up from the couch and came to me. She kissed my cheek and grinned. I know the kiss was for show because his bandmates were here.

"I hope you don't mind if we practice here for a bit. We can't practice on Ciara and Belle's place. Belle's parents are visitting and the boys' place is a trash." I chuckled with her explanation.

"Hey that's harsh, Liyah," Andres grumbled.

"Harsh but true," She retorted, walking back on the couch beside Andres.

"No worries guys," I told them.

"Thanks man," The guys said in unison.

"I'm gonna order Chinese. You guys want any?" I asked them before leaving.

"Thanks man but no, we've got plans after," Seth answered.

"Liyah?" I asked her.

"Can I have pizza instead of Chinese?"

"Okay," I replied.

After half an hour, they have finished practicing their new song. I actually like it. Well, I've always like whatever Liyah sings even when we were still kids and I love teasing her about it.

"So do you have an upcoming show?" I asked Liyah during dinner.

"What we're practicing is for the charity concert for the Little Angels."

"Little Angels?"

"It's an institute for kids with cancer. Were doing the concert to help fund the institute," She explained.

"Wow. That's really nice and so noble."

"Well, thank you." She smiled.

"Can I watch the concert?"

"Of course. But you have to pay Mister."

I chuckled. "The least I could do."

"You're actually nice tonight. You feeling okay? Are you sick?" She asked looking concerned.

I laughed and said, "I am totally well, love."

"So is there something you wanna tell me?" She raised her eyebrow at me.

"Why would you think that I wanna tell you something?" Am I that transparent?

"Because you've never uttered a single insult or teasing remark to me since you arrived and that made me think that you are up to something."

I sighed. "Okay, uhmm... how do I ask this without sounding uhmm... intrusive."

"Jeez you're even stuttering. Now I'm getting nervous of what you have to ask." She put down her utensils amd focused her complete attention to me.

"Are you having an affair with Gideon Mills?" I blurted out.

For a moment, she just watched me with a surpised look and she spoke, "So what if I'm having an affair with him?"

I was taken aback by her question. "It's all over the internet. I'm just concerned with what your grandpa would think if he saw it."

"What do you mean it's all over the internet?" She asked looking shocked.

"There's a photo of you and Mills in a restaurant having coffee. And there's an article about you two being high school sweethearts, rekindling your relationship and some details I'd rather not talk about."

"You actually sound jealous." She simply told me and I saw a glimpse of playfulness in her eyes.

"Why would I be jealous? It's not like I have feelings for you. I'm just concerned Liyah." I said seriously.

The playfulness in her eyes disappeared and were replaced by emptiness. "You have nothing to be concerned about Nic. I got it under control."

"I just don't want you to break our rules. 'Coz then I have to break the rules too and you're not gonna like it when I do."