Nicolas' POV

Has there been going on between Liyah and my brother? It would explain why they were so close way back then and even now.

The table went silent waiting for Liyah's response. Then she suddenly laughed. A full blown laugh that made our parents look at her as if she completely lost her mind.

When she's finally done laughing she said, "I don't know who's been feeding you with those stories but they're completely lies. I assure you, the only thing that has happened between Cole and I was hugging. My goodness, Cole and I were like siblings. Why would you even think for a second that there was something going on between us?"

"That's what I told them but they wouldn't believe me. Not that I wouldn't date Liyah because she totally rocks," Cole added and he received a glare from Dad.

"Who told you that information anyway?" I asked.

"It was in an article circulating in the internet after the wedding. Paparazzis took a photo of Cole and Liyah dancing in your wedding." Liyah's mum explained.

"Well, you should know by now that whatever's written about me are either twisted truth or fabricated lies." She said.

Grandpa cleared his throat and spoke, "Now that it's been clarified let's talk about your honeymoon. How was it?"

*****

"Thank heavens it's all done. I don't think I could stand another comment from your Mum how much she wanted to be a grandparent." I said after closing the door.

"Yeah. Total bullshit, right?" She added then walked towards the couch to get her bag. "Where's the bedroom? I'm beat."

"Follow me." I led her towards my room.

"Is this your room?" She asked when I placed her luggage at the floor.

"Yeah. I won the bet, remember? Meaning we sleep together in one bed." I reminded her smirking.

"Totally forgot about that." She bent and opened her luggage then turned to me. "You know what, Nic? If I haven't known you, I would have assumed that you were totally crushing on me. With all the 'I won the bet! And I'm sleeping in bed with you'. Sounds like an excuse for you to sleep with me."

"Oh don't flatter yourself, love. You know how much I love annoying you and I know sleeping with me will drive you crazy." I replied then turned to leave. "By the way, there's the bathroom." I pointed to her the bathroom. "You kinda stink."

"Jerk!" I heard her blurted out before I close the door in my room - our room rather.

I showered in the other bathroom and when I went back to the bedroom, Liyah wasn't done yet. Oh women and showers.

I slumped into the bed with only my boxers on. I'd prefer sleeping naked but I know Liyah wouldn't appreciate it. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted into sleep when suddenly I heard someone yelling.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Nic?" Liyah continued to shout at me.

I rubbed my eyes. "I was trying to sleep here for heaven's sake!"

"Then sleep on your side of the bed and put some shirt on!" She exclaimed.

"What's wrong with me being shirtless? You like it last night when you were drunk and you were oh so cuddly with me." I teased.

"Either you sleep in this bed with clothes on or you sleep on the other room shirtless. Your choice."

"Fine. Fine." I stood up and went to the closet to get a shirt.

I went back to the bed with shirt on. "Can I sleep now?" I asked Liyah and she just nodded. I laid on my side of the bed then turned off the lamp.

"Please turn it on, Nic." Liyah groaned beside me.

"But I can't sleep with the lights on." I debated.

"And I can't sleep with the lights off."

"Fine!" I grumbled and turned on the lamp.

"Thank you."

"Know what? I'd prefer you drunk and incoherent anytime soon, Liyah. You're a pain in the ass when you're sober."

"Good night, Nic." She turned to faced me and closed her eyes.

Crap. This will surely be a long night for me.