Aliyah's POV

I closed the book that I was reading, grabbed the remote control and turned on the television. I flicked on several channels until I was back to the first channel when I turned it on. Nothing interesting to watch so I turned it off and throw the remote in the couch.

I feel like shit right now. When will I stop feeling like this? Why did grandpa had to die? I stifled a cry. I miss him so much. It's funny how I miss him when I never lived with him for years. But it still hurts knowing that someone important, someone who cared for you when nobody does was already gone.

I took the envelope from the table and looked at it. Grandpa held this piece of paper, I thought sadly. My dad gave this letter to me after the funeral. My name was written by grandpa's shaky hand on the envelope. Everyday I just stare at the envelope, afraid to open and read what's written inside.

What if he said his farewell to me in this letter? I couldn't bare to read his goodbye. I don't wanna say goodbye to grandpa. A tear slid into my cheek and I wiped it.

I stood up from the couch when my phone started ringing. I didn't bother looking up who's the caller before I answered. "Hello?"

"Liyah." It's Gideon. I haven't talked to him since Italy.

"What do you want?"

"I heard about your grandpa. I know I should have called earlier but I was out of the country and just heard the news today. I'm sorry for your loss." He sounded sympathetic but I know not to trust him now.

"Please don't act as if you really care." I think it's time to have that talk with him now.

"Liyah I care about you, you know that."

"Gideon, I know what you have been doing. Paying that paparazzi to make stories that are not true? That's so low Gideon. Even for you."

"I don't know what you're talking about Liyah," He denied. "I think it's better if we talk about this in person."

"No, I am not gonna see your face again. I am not gonna let you make some stories about us seeing each other in secret again."

"Liyah..."

"Stop," I cut him off. "Why did you do that anyway? Is it for revenge because you thought I cheated on you? Well, I have news for you Gideon. I never cheated on you. You, on the other hand have been sleeping around when we're still together."

"It's..."

"Don't," I cut him off again. "I'm not done. Don't you dare deny it to me 'coz I know. So you don't have the right to do this to me." I finished and let out a sigh.

"Everything you said was right." I finally let him speak. "I wanted revenge for humiliating me all those years ago. You and Nic doesn't deserve to be happy."

"Yes we do. I love Nic and we are going to be happy."

"Do you now? You chose that bastard over me?"

"Are you hearing yourself now? You sound so pathetic, Gideon. I should have known that you're still immature as always."

"Careful what you say babe. 'Coz I might just show you how immature I am."

"Oh please spare me the show. All I want you to do is be gone in our lives. I have evidences that you're paying James Scheid you know. I don't wanna stoop so low and sue you for moral damages, Gid. But if I have to, I will. I'm pretty sure you don't mind paying me and staying in prison for a little while, do you?"

I heard a deep sigh from the other end. "You're such a bitch."

"I would be careful with my words if I were you. I have this conversation in record you know." I bluff then pressed end. I hope I sound convincing enough.