Aliyah's POV

"There are dozens of paparazzis waiting on the entrance of the building and the exit of the parking lot, ma'am."  My assigned security informed me when Nic and I stepped out of the suite. 

"So what route are we taking?"  Nic asked, slipping his arm around my waist.

"Raf and the other security team is waiting in the parking lot, sir." 

This is really great.  Note the sarcasm there.  Don't get me wrong because I love my job, I love performing on stage and making people happy.  But with the paparazzis following me around, it's like nothing in my life is private anymore.  Times like this makes me want to go back to bed and wallow in the comfort of my pillow.

"Hey, it'll be fine."  Nic nudged me.  He was holding my hand while we rode the elevator down to the parking lot where we were ushered inside the car.

I'm glad Nic was here.  What happened last night was really special and for the first time in my life, I felt elated.  A different kind of elation.  I felt home and secured that wherever I will go, I still have a home to go back to.

My feelings for Nic is not quite clear to me yet.  I don't have a name for it but I'm going to leave the past behind and enjoy whatever we have now.  After all, we're married.

We arrived at the McCoy's restaurant without any paparazzis following us.  Upon entering the place, I immediately looked for my friends.  Luckily, I spotted Belle waving her hand at us.  They were seated at the far end corner with the food already set at the table.

I took Nic's hand in mine and pulled him to follow me.  "They must have been waiting for ages," I told him.

We were few tables away from my friends when a familiar husky voice called my name.  "Liyah?"

I turned towards that voice and forced a smile.  "Gideon.  Good to see you again." 

"Hey man," Nic greeted beside me.

"Nic."  Gideon stood up from where he was sitting then gestured his hand to the man he was dining with.  "This is Mr. McCoy."  He turned his gaze to Mr. McCoy and said, "Liyah and Nic are my good friends."

I held out my hand to Mr. McCoy.  "It's great to meet you, sir.  I take it you own the place."

"Yes.  Awesome concert last night by the way."  Mr. McCoy said.  Nic also shook hands with Mr. McCoy. 

"Yeah it was really awesome, I'm glad Liyah invited me and she even gave me a free VIP ticket."  The moment Gideon said those words, Nic tightened the grip of his hand on mine.

"Yeah?  Liyah is really good with charity works.  By the way man, what are you doing here?"  Nic asked heatedly and I felt the tension between them growing.

"As you can see, I'm here for a business meeting," Gideon answered smugly without blinking an eye.

"Oh, thank goodness.  I thought you were stalking my wife.. again," Nic replied, all humor gone. I narrowed my eyes at him but he just ignored me.

"I think we better take our seat now, our friends are waiting for us.  Nice meeting you, sir."  I smiled at Mr. McCoy who was probably feeling awkward right now. 

I practically pulled Nic away from the scene only to be greeted with questioning looks from my friends.  "What took you guys so long?  Some of us are starving here."  Thank goodness Andres spoke.

"Sorry guys, the paparazzis are hard to get through," I apologized.

"Not to mention whatever you two did in the suite.  Plus they bumped into her ex on the way."  Belle added.