Nicolas' POV

"Can I see my grandfather now? Please, let me see him. I haven't seen him for three months," Liyah talked to the nurse pleadingly. She was exaggerating though because she hasn't seen grandpa for weeks only.

"I'm sorry ma'am but it's against our rules to let you in at this time," The nurse replied politely.

"My husband." Liyah pointed at me. "My husband is filthy rich. He's gonna buy you any car you want. Brandnew." Was this her plan to see grandpa? To bribe the nurse? Well, I'll buy the car if that's what it takes to see grandpa.

"Your husband doesn't seem to like the idea," The nurse looked at me.

Liyah turned to face me and gave me that look that says just go with it. "Of course. I'll buy you any car you want." I agreed.

"How do I know you're not gonna run me down?" The nurse asked. Seems like Liyah's plan is working.

"If he doesn't buy you that car, I'll do. You know me, right?" Liyah said.

"Yeah I know you and I'm a fan of yours. You two are too desperate to see your grandfather though. An autograph of you will do just fine. No need for a car. Just don't tell anyone that I was the one who let you in."

"Really?" Liyah asked excitedly and I'm pretty sure she was gonna hug the nurse if not for the table counter between them.

"Yeah. Follow me." The nurse led us inside the ICU. "Please be quiet. I'll be back later to get you." She left us standing in front of grandpa's hospital bed.

Grandpa looked pale in a hospital gown with different tubes attached to him. The only sound that can be heard was the monitor. Liyah stepped a little closer and took the seat beside grandpa's bed while I just remained standing behind her.

"Hey grandpa. You look like someone has been experimenting on you with all these machines and tubes attached to you." Liyah let out a small laugh but with the sound of her voice, I know that she's about to cry.

She touched his hand and spoke again. "You should wake up soon you know. We still have to watch how Hunger Games would end." She bowed her head on the bed and continued. "Please wake up." I barely heard her say.

I touched her back and gently stroked it while she silently sobbed on the bed. You should get well soon grandpa because Liyah will be broken if you don't. I know she loves grandpa so much. I think she loves him more than she loves her parents.

I don't know how long I stood there just watching them until I heard footsteps coming. The nurse stopped at the door, watching us with sympathy. "I'm sorry but you need to go now."

I walked towards the other side of the bed and leaned into grandpa. "Be well grandpa," I whisphered in his ear and gave him a kiss on the forehead.

Liyah watched me with tears on her face and then she stood up and kissed grandpa's forehead as well. "I love you," She said before turning to leave.

I think I'm being quite selfish but how I wish she would say those words to me as well.

*****

I slowly opened my eyes when someone patted my cheek, trying to wake me up. "Hey brother." Cole smirked looking down at me.

Damn my shoulder felt stiff and heavy. I turned beside me and saw Liyah sleeping, resting her head on my shoulder. I smiled remembering how I convinced her to sleep just few hours ago.

"Earth to Nic." Cole broke into my thoughts. "Stop fantasizing about Liyah," He said and I glared at him.

Liyah started to move her head on my shoulder and opened her eyes. She stroked her neck with her hand, probably to ease the stiffness. "What time is it?" She asked.