Nicolas' POV

My lawyer will send you the divorce papers. Please don't call me.
- Liyah

I read for the hundredth time the little piece of paper that Liyah left for me the morning she left. She left me. The thought made me wanna punch something. And here I thought that everything will be fine after that night that we spent together pleasuring each other. I was so sure that the looks in her eyes were saying that she wanted to stay with me. But maybe I was just hallucinating because the next day when I woke up, I found an empty space beside me and all my hopes were gone.

I stared at the note in my hand. This time I'm not gonna keep this little shit. I crumpled the paper in my hand and throw it in the nearest bin. To hell with that!

She said I shouldn't call but of course I did. The first three days I have been calling her and Ciara has been the one answering, telling me that Liyah doesn't want to talk to me. Last time I called, Liyah finally talked to me and I hate to admit it but she was right when she said there's nothing left to say between us. So after that call, I never bothered calling her again.

"Nicolas." I looked up to see my dad barging in my office without any adieu.

"What's up dad?"

"What are you doing, son?"

"Sitting?"

He let out an annoyed huff. "Are you drunk?"

"No dad." I did had a drink but I'm totally sober.

"I don't know what's happening with you but will you please separate your private life from your work."

My father really have no idea. No one has. I haven't told anyone that Liyah and I were having a divorce.

"Really dad? You have the guts to tell me that? You were the one who mixed business with my private life by marrying me with Liyah." I angrily stood up from my chair.

"What really has been going on, Nicolas?"

"Nothing that concerns you dad." I opened the laptop in my table and started typing my password. Aliyah. Shit. I need to change it.

"Nic," My dad muttered.

"I'm doing my job now, so please can you leave?"

He let out a deep sigh before speaking. "You're taking the day off. Go get yourself some sleep and come back here when you got your head on the right track."

I gave him an irritated look before slamming the laptop close. To hell with it.

"Alright. I'll go."

But I am not going back to my shitty penthouse. Everything in that place reminded me of Liyah. Even that roll of tissue paper in our bathroom reminded me of her. No, not our bathroom anymore. My bathroom.

I pulled over my car to the farthest bar I know in this city. Alcohol was something constant in my life this week. Just a little buzz to keep me from totally breaking down. For heaven knows how much pain I have been experiencing right now.

I have never been in this bar before but just like any other bars, I strolled down towards its bar counter and immediately ordered a glass of whiskey. There were not so many people at this time and I'm glad for the absence of raging music in this place.

The bartender placed a glass in front of me and I murmured a thanks. "Does this place get any crowded at night?" I inquired.

"Yeah it does. It's packed with college students mostly."

Babies. It's packed with babies. Suddenly, a heavy hand rested on my shoulder, making my seat turn a little.

"Can you move 'coz this seat is mine." The owner of the hand, a bulky man with a tinge of arrogance on his face, signalled his head to the other seat.