Nicolas' POV [EPILOGUE]

This is it. I have been waiting for this moment for months now and I can't seem to contain the mixed feelings of excitement and anxiety that have been building up inside me. I need a beer, pronto.

"Are you feeling okay, Nic?" Liyah interrupted my thoughts.

"Yeah." It sounded more of a question than an answer. Crap, I need to get a hold of my nerves.

"You sure about that? 'Coz you look pale. You want to pull over and let me drive the car before we hit a dog or something?" She asked playfully.

I took a hold of her hand that's resting on my lap and brought it to my lips, kissing it gently. "Don't worry about my driving skills, love. I'll get you there safe and sound. And I'm not letting my pregnant wife drive for me. Nuh uh." I shook my head.

"Well then, suit yourself." She brought her hand back to my lap and draw little circles with her finger, making my mind wander to inappropriate stuffs that I wanted to do to her body. She's been driving me nuts for months already. And she's been blaming it on pregnancy hormones. Not that I would complain because it definitely benefitted me.

"I'm really gonna pull over if you keep on doing that."

"Doing what?" She asked innocently.

"You know what I mean, love."

She just smirked at me and kept on drawing circles on my laps. "I'm pretty sure we're one block away so keep on driving, Nicolas." I just grinned at her feeling bemused. "And for Pete's sake, quit being fidgety. We're just having a dinner with our parents."

Yeah, just dinner. That's just what she thought this was all about. We have this monthly dinner held at her parent's house. I'm just glad that her relationship with her parents seemed to go well and she was finally accepting the death of grandpa. I know it's still hard for her but I'm just happy that she's finally opening up to me.

I pulled over next to Cole's car and got out of the car to open her door.

"Are you certain you're really fine, Nic?" She touched my cheek worriedly upon getting out of the car.

"I'm fine, Liyah. Maybe I'm just frightened of your Mummy's advice about pregnancy." I joked to lighten up the mood which earned me a smile. "Come on now. Let's not make them wait. You know how they get antsy about this."

She tugged at my hand, stopping me. "Maybe they could wait for a bit." She smiled suggestively. Damn. My wife is certainly in mood.

"Oh yeah?" I wrapped my arms around her waist and gently pulled her against me, making her already bulging belly bumped into me. "But we're already late."

"Okay, I get it." The smile fell off from her face as she untangled herself from me.

"What's with the sad face, love?"

"I get it, Nic. I'm not attractive anymore! You think I didn't noticed that you keep on brushing me off?" She tried to walk past me but I grabbed her arm before she could.

"Aliyah, are you hearing yourself now? This is the hormones talking. And for the record, I have never thought of you as unattractive. And I thought you couldn't be more beautiful than you already are but you proved me wrong. Because I have never seen you more beautiful now that you're carrying our child."

I kissed her lips tenderly and continued, "Now can we go inside and get done with this so we can go home and I can ravish my wife all she want?"

She looked like she's thinking before she said, "I like that idea, lover boy." She held my hand, tugging me towards the direction of the house.