Chapter 16:

Tubbo's P.O.V.

l woke up with a pounding headache. My teeth hurt too, and my stomach was sending painful shoots of hunger through my body. I groaned out loud, and slowly opened my eyes to see almost complete darkness. The only light was a lamp that was shining on the other side of the room that I was on.

I groggily sat up and rubbed my eyes, my hunger spiking even more. My eye sight cleared, and that's when I realized where I was. I was in the same bedroom that I had woken up in after I was turned. I looked towards the light to see Dream sitting in a chair, reading a book. His mask was on the desk beside him. 

He was wearing a lime green hoodie and what looked like gray sweatpants. Tubbo immediately got nervous, his wings starting to buzz, causing the older to look up. When his light green eyes met mine, he smiled widely.

"Good morning, Tubs! How are you feeling?" He said, setting down his book and leaning forward. I gulped, but didn't answer him. I was scared of him. I remembered what had happened in the cabin. 

Tommy was on top of Schlatt, yelling and screaming at him. I so badly wanted to help him, but Dream had wrapped his arms around me, trapping me against him. When Tommy openly admitted to watching his family get murdered, I broke. I don't know why, maybe it was because I saw my brother in pain, but it hurt me to know that he went through that and never told anyone. 

I remember Wilbur making Tommy pass out. I remember Wilbur making me pass out. I still don't know how he did that. I heard something shift beside me and looked up to see Dream sitting there, a worried look in his eyes. I immediately flinched and scooted away from him. 

I watched him wearily, but he made no more attempts to come closer. Instead, he gave me a soft smile, and held out his hand. I looked from his hand to his eyes, trying to decipher what he was offering. He rolled his eyes playfully, before letting out a low chuckle.

"You must be starving. C'mon, let's get you something to eat." He said softly. I shook my head slightly, and brought my knees up to my chest, hugging them close. I didn't want to go anywhere with him. I watched him carefully. He just looked at me with a sad smile, his hand still extended, a soft smile on his face. "We aren't going to hurt you... we just want to help." He said, extending his arm just a little bit. 

I slowly uncurled myself, and hesitantly placed my hand in his. He smiled and gently wrapped his fingers around my hand, which was incredibly small compared to his. He stood up and tugged me up gently. I placed my feet on the ground and stood up. He started walking towards the door and I followed, still unsure about the whole ordeal.

We walked down a quiet hallway, the moonlight casting a beautiful yet eerie glow across the floor. For some reason, I felt a sense of serenity overcome me, and I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding in. I felt at peace here, and I didn't know why.

Maybe it was because of the warmth that I had never experienced at night. Maybe it was because I didn't have to fear the monsters getting into my old home. Maybe it was because I didn't stay up wondering how long we were going to survive stealing from the village. 

We walked down a set of stairs, the quiet thumping of our footsteps being the only thing that was heard throughout the house. I looked around the house a bit more as we made our way to our destination. I was fascinated with everything. How it all looked so modern and clean cut. There didn't seem to be a spec of dust anywhere I looked. I enjoyed it somewhat. Not having to see dirt and mud every time I opened my eyes. It was a pleasant change.

We made it to the kitchen, and Dream turned on the lights. My eyes didn't have to adjust to the light that much, though I did just realize that I saw perfectly fine in the dark without having to try. Dream led me over to the counter, before letting go of my hand and walking to the fridge. I sat there quietly, wondering what he was getting. 

I watched as he brought out a bottle of blood and.... chicken nuggets? What? I stared at him, confused. He laughed at me slightly, before sliding the chicken nuggets into the microwave, and warming them up. I was so confused. Why was he getting chicken nuggets? I thought vampires were only supposed to drink blood?

The timer went off and Dream took the chicken nuggets out. He set the plate down and got out a small bowl. I was genuinely confused now. What the heck was he doing? I watched as he popped the cap of the bottle that was filled with blood off, before dumping some into the small bowl.

He then placed the plate of chicken nuggets and the bowl of blood in front of me and sat next to me. I stared at the odd food choices, before looking at him, pulling a confused face. He giggled at my face, reaching over and taking a chicken nugget. I watched as he dipped the chicken nugget into the blood, and brought it up to my mouth.

I looked at the blood soaked chicken nugget, before glancing at Dream. He had a smile on his face, and when he saw me looking, he nodded encouragingly. I slowly opened my mouth and allowed him to feed me the blood soaked chicken nugget. The moment it touched my tongue, I moaned. It tasted so fucking good.

I finished chewing the one he gave me, before taking another and dumping it into the blood and shoving it in my mouth. Dream chuckled at my antics, but I didn't care. It was good and I was starving. 

I quickly finished the plate, but a decent amount of blood remained in the bowl. Without even thinking about it, I picked up the bowl and chugged the blood, the thick liquid sliding smoothly down my throat. I set the bowl down, the after taste of iron making me sigh in content. I glanced at Dream, and saw that he was smiling proudly at me.

I smiled back, and picked up the bowl and plate, before hopping down and walking over to the sink that I saw earlier. I set the items in the sink, and turned back towards Dream. He smiled, and walked over to me. I yelped as he picked me up and set me on his hips. I wrapped my arms around his neck, laughing slightly at his antics. He grinned, before walking back the way we came.

I didn't know where we were going, but I felt at home here. I wasn't even thinking about escaping. This was a lot better than living in that damn tree house.

1215 words

-Zia