Chapter 10:

Tommy's P.O.V.

Tubbo helped me along as I tried to navigate the two of us towards the cabin that me and my family used to go to. Until they were murdered there. I haven't been back there for a while, but that didn't matter. What mattered was that we got there.

It was about 45 minutes till the sun went completely down. Under usual circumstances, I wouldn't be nervous. But we were being hunted down by not one, but two covens of vampires, and I knew that they wouldn't give up. 

Finally, I saw the trees clearing up, and we appeared in a clearing. I looked over to the left, and saw the little pond me and my sister used to play with, while Momma and Father would watch us from the steps of the cabin that was in the middle of the area.

I felt tears present themselves, but didn't allow any to escape. I could tell that Tubbo was relieved that we had found the cabin, and we quickly limped over to the house. I closed my eyes as we walked up the steps, memories coming forth at the sound of the squeaky steps.

I took a shaky breath, and opened my eyes once again, seeing the dark, rotting wood of the cabin that my family and I would visit often. I shakily stuck my hand out, and turned the nob of the doorway. It pushed open without much difficulty.

We walked in, and I smiled. Everything was how it should be, minus the dust and cobwebs. Tubbo sat me down on the sofa that was in the middle of the room, right in front of a vacant fireplace.

I leaned my head back, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath. Letting the reality of my situation sink in. I was being hunted by vampires. I was in my dead family's cabin, with my best friend who was a vampire.

Optimal conditions, am I right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Optimal conditions, no. It was now dark, and we had somehow managed to create a fire in the fireplace. It kept the entire room warm, but the problem was-

We both were hungry, but we both ate completely different foods.

After a bit of thinking, Tubbo came up with the plan that he would go out, hunt down a rabbit, drink its blood, then return with the meat and I would cook it for my food. Simple, right? Tubbo had set out 5 minutes ago, and I was now curled up on the couch, silent tears streaming down my face.

I didn't even know what was happening. Memory after memory of this place filled my mind, and every time a new memory appeared, the ache in my chest would increase. I didn't know what to fucking do.

My tail curled around my leg in a sort of comfort way, while my ears layed flat against my head, almost disappearing in my hair. Anyone from the outside could hear my broken sobs, but I didn't. My mind was trapped in itself, memory after memory replying in my mind, on repeat.

It was like I was in a prison, and my mind was the prison walls. I couldn't escape by myself, but there was no one around to help me. I was broken, and so far, no one has been able to fix me. Sure, cracks have been filled, by my shattered soul still laid, shattered.

I was too buys in my own thoughts, that I didn't pick up the ragged breathing that was running towards the house. I jumped when the door slammed open, and Tubbo stood there, a dead rabbit in his hand, and a panicked look on his face as he took ragged breaths.

"Tommy...." He said, looking at me. I tried to get up, but opted to stay on the sofa, not wanting to hurt myself even more. 

"Tubbo, what's wrong? What happened?" I asked. He shook his head, his usually forest green eyes turning to a panicked green.