not okay

After finding out that my great great grandmother's engagement ring is missing from the Blackwood Vault, I wrote to my parents and asked them if they took it out of the vault. My mother wrote back to me saying that she has no idea where the ring went and haven't been in the vault since before I moved into the house. My father however, hasn't written me back. I don't know what to think. The ring is missing and my father could care less about the ring. My mother is the only person who would care enough to take the ring out of the vault but it would be impossible for her to get is out of the vault without my father. She's not a Blackwood by blood and wouldn't have been able to access it without someone who has Blackwood blood.

    If my parents did take the engagement ring out of the vault, it would mean that they knew my relationship with Ash wasn't genuine until recently. There's no one else in my family that would be getting engaged so it seems like the only reason. But seeing how my father reacted when I told him the truth, it doesn't make sense for them to take it out. The day I confessed to my father was the same day I went down to the vault to retrieve the ring. There's no way he would've got into the vault before us.

    I can't think of anyone else who could've gotten into the vault. The only other living Blackwood other than my father and I is my grandfather and he wouldn't need the ring. In his old age, he's not marrying anyone and if he were, he wouldn't use my mother's great grandmother's ring. The only explanation for the stolen ring is that someone broke into the vault while Ash and I weren't home or they broke in while we were sleeping. The thing about that theory is that you need Blackwood blood to open the vault, unless someone stole my blood while I was sleeping and used that. Even then, I don't think it works like that. Magic is a lot more complex than just wiping blood on a stone wall.

    The only way I can get some answers is to go see my parents in person. At least if I'm standing in front of them, they can't lie to me. It's easy to lie over letters, but you can't lie to someone if they're in front of you. If they do lie to me, I can use Occlumency and see what the truth is. You can't lie if someone is in your mind.

    When I got to the Paris flat, my parents were both in the living room having tea. My father immediately set his tea cup down on the saucer and got up from the couch when he saw me and my mother just turned her head and smiled at me.

    "Stella, what are you doing here?", my father asked me.

    I walked closer to my parents and bent over to give my mother, who is still sitting on the couch, a hug. "Good seeing you too, Daddy."

    "Why aren't you at home with Aurora?"

    "She's with Chloe and I'm here because I need some answers."

    "To?"

    "Where the fuck mother's engagement ring is."

    My mother gasped. "Stella, watch your language."

    I rolled my eyes. "You told Ash that you don't have the ring because it's in the vault, but it's not there", I said to her. "Either you took it out of the vault or someone stole it, so where is it?"

    She sighed, straightening out her skirt with the palm of her hands. "Like I told Asher, I put the ring in the vault a couple of years ago. I haven't been back into the vault since before your father and I moved out of the house."

    I looked over at my father. "Did you take the ring?"

    He scoffed. "Why would I take the ring?"

    "I don't know. Maybe you took it because you don't want me to marry Ash."

    "I never said that I didn't want you to marry Asher. All I said was that I want you to think about everything through because you jump into things very quickly. You lead with your heart which can be your biggest weakness."