back in tuscany

For some reason, my parents just can't understand that when I say I'm not speaking to my friends, I literally mean that I'm not speaking to them. I know that my parents are friends with their parents, but why did they still invite them to the family vineyard in Tuscany? Yeah my grandfather is having this big party he throws every year, but couldn't they take my feelings into consideration for once. Some may say I'm selfish for making this about me, but after the whole "everyone knows about Draco getting married" situation, I have every right to make this about me.

    Sadly, I wasn't able to convince my parents to not invite the Malfoys too. I know that my parents also grew up with the Malfoys, but considering the fact that Draco broke my heart, you would think that my parents would care enough to ask them not to come. Maybe Narcissa and Lucius will be attending the party without their son. They did it before for The Snowflake Ball, maybe they'll do it again. Having his son show up with his fiancé at a Blackwood event would cause drama and hopefully, Narcissa and Lucius care about their image as much as my parents.

    Luckily, I will have Ash with me because my parents have taken a liking to his. At a huge party with a ton of people, I'm sure Ash will keep me occupied and away from my "friends". I know that Stass has been dying to speak to me and I've been writing her back on occasion, but being in the same vicinity as her is going to make not speaking her difficult. Especially since we haven't seen our spoken to each other in almost a month.

    It's been hard not having my friends around this time of year because we always go on holidays together, but Ash has been making it easier. Instead of going on my annual holiday to Paris with Stass, I took Ash with me instead since our mothers have become the best of friends and wanted to go shopping. We went to the Louvre, visited the Palace of Versailles, and picnicked at Bois de Boulogne. I switched out scarfing down macaroons and carrying fifty pounds worth of shopping bags for looking at art and strolling around the park.

    Surprisingly, being in the "city of love" didn't really have an affect on Ash and I. We still kept our boundaries. Only kissing and touch when we're alone in our bedrooms and holding hands if necessary. There were little moments where I'd look at him and my heart skipped a beat, like when he was looking at the Mona Lisa, completely lost in his thoughts or when he was thumbing through books at Shakespeare and Company. Every time my heart does that annoying thing, I slap my wrist with my hair tie.

    At least I admit that I like Ash. Shit would've been bad if I hung out with him and pretended like I didn't. He also knows about my feelings for Draco so it doesn't leave Ash confused about where my heart stands. My feelings are complicated, but at least someone understands and doesn't make me feel like shit because of it.

    For the party, I decided to wear a black Versace mini dress and a pair of black heels. My mother is going to hate me for wearing black and say that it looks like I'm attending a funeral, not a party in Italy. The fact that I'm going to see all of my friends again, it feels like I'm attending a funeral.

    "Wine?", my grandfather asked, holding out a glass of wine.

    "Sure", I said accepting the glass, "thank you."

    "Your father told about your recent troubles."

    I took a big gulp of red wine. "So you heard?"

    "If I had known, I wouldn't have sent out the invitations to the Malfoys and let that girl come with them."

    "She's here?" I groaned and took another sip of wine. "Kill me now."

    "Your father also mentioned Asher Raven. Son of a Minister, huh?"

    I nodded my head.