Treason

Rachel's POV
I wake up in the pit, I look at the door and see Newt, Minho and Thomas. In the room with me is Teresa.

Rachel :Wha- What happened?

Newt:Gally got in charge.

Teresa:He said he will exile us by sundown.

Thomas:So did it work? Did you remember?

Rachel:Yeah. This place, is not a prison. It's a test. It all started when we were kids. They gave us these challenges. They were experimenting on us. And people started disappearing, everyone got after the other.

Newt:They sent them up in the Maze.

Rachel:Yeah, but not all of us.

Newt:What do you mean?

I pause for a second.

Rachel:Guys, I'm one of them. The people who put you here, I worked with them. I watched you guys for years. The entire time you've been here I,.. I was on the other side of it. So we're you.

I look at Teresa.

Teresa:What?

Rachel:Teresa we did this to them.

Teresa:No. It can't be true. Why would they send us up if we were with them?

Rachel:It doesn't matter.

Newt:She's right. It doesn't matter. Any of it. Because the people we were before the maze they don't even exist anymore. These creators took care of that. What does matter is who we are now and what we do right now. You went into the maze and you found a way out.

Rachel:Well if I hadn't many gladers would be still alive. Alby would be still alive.

Newt:Maybe. But I know that if he was here he would tell you the exact same thing. So stand up and finish what you started. Because if we do nothing, it means that Alby died for nothing and I can't have that.

Rachel:Okay... , okay but we have to get through Gally first.

Minho :What's the plan?

**********************

I am unconscious and some boys drag me in front of the opening. Other boys hold Teresa and then they tie her on a pole. I am there "unconsious" on the ground.

Gally:Such a waste.

Winston:Gally,.. It doesn't feel right man. What if Rachel is right? Maybe she can lead us home.

Gally: We are home. Okay? I don't want to cross another names on that wall.

Teresa :You really think banishing us is gonna solve anything?

Gally :No, this isn't a banishing. It's an offering.

Teresa:What?! Wait. Gally! What are you doing?

Gally:You really think I'll let Rachel back into the maze after what she's done? Look around you. Look at our glade. This is the only way. And when the grievers get what they came for everything goes back to the way it was.

Teresa:Are you listening to this? Why you all standing there? He's crazy.

Gally:You shut up.

Teresa :If you stay here the grievers will come back. And they'll keep coming back until you're all dead.

Gally:Shut up! Tie her up.

He points at me. But the boys do nothing.

Gally:Do you hear me? I said tie her up!

When two boys grab me I hit them with my hands and take the one boy's javelin. Newt takes out his knife, Teresa kicks a boy, Thomas frees her and Minho puts a knife on Gally's shoulder. Chuck brings the rest of the weapons and gives one to Teresa.

Gally:You're full with surprises aren't you?

Rachel:You don't have to come with us but we are leaving. Everyone else who want to come that's your lats chance!

Gally:Dont listen to her. She's just trying to scare you.

Rachel:I'm not trying to scare you. You're already scared. I'm scared. But I'd rather risk my life in there than spend it here. We don't belong here. Okay, this place isn't our home. We were put here, okay? We were trapped here. At least out there we have a choice. We can make it outta here. I know that.

A few boys came to our side.

Rachel:Gally it's over. Just come with us.

Gally:Good luck against the griever.

I look on the ground biting my lip and then we all turn around and run into the maze.