I Can't Take Any More Secrets

Rachel's POV
After I shoot Winston I follow the others in the desert. While I'm walking I keep thinking of what happened at WCKD. The moment after Janson found me in the hallway.

1 day ago
I am in an interrogation room alone. I walk and I look around. I see a mirror on the wall.

Rachel :I know you're here. Why don't you show up?

The door opens and Janson walks in.

Janson :Please Rachel. Sit down.

I sit on a chair and I look at him.

Janson:We need to talk. I know you went in that room.

Rachel:What room?

He laughs.

Janson:So you don't know which room I'm talking about.

Rachel:If you're talking about the room that you took in some bodies, no I didn't.

Janson:How do you know about that?

Rachel:I saw you taking in that room the bodies. I wanted to get in there but you caught me.

He looks at me with suspicion.

Janson:Okay Rachel. I need to know on which side your are. My side or your friend's side?

Rachel:Oh jeez. I don't know. It's a difficult decision. Oh I know! I'll choose the side with the people that helped me start a new life after I lost my memories.

Janson:I knew you'd say that.

He opens the door and a woman walks in.

??? :Hello Rachel.

Rachel:Mom?

Ava sits down and Janson puts on me handcuffs.

Janson:Just in case.

He leaves the room and I sit facing Paige.

Rachel:You know it was a bad idea to put me these handcuffs. That way I will be able to struggle you much easier.

Ava:You won't. Not until you hear what I have to say.

Rachel:You weren't supposed to come here until tomorrow morning.

Ava:So you did get in that room.

I widen my eyes after I realize the stupid thing I just said.

Rachel:Fine. I snuck into the room and heard your conversation with Janson. Now I have to ask. What is the Tribrid plan?

Ava:That's something you don't need to know. Now I'll tell you what you really need to know. As I said before..

Rachel:I thought you were dead!

She sighs.

Ava:I know. I've made the same video for all the mazes. They all think I'm dead. I did it to protect myself. Now please hear what I'm saying. As I said before there is this virus. The Flare. It attacks the brain and turns the people into something between dead and alive. We call them cranks. You may be angry because I put you in the maze and erased your memory but it was for the good of all the people.

Rachel:Why?

Ava:What?

Rachel:Why did you erase my memory? So I won't believe you after I get out of the maze?

Ava:No. I wanted you to fit in the glade as much as possible. You and Teresa. I need you Rachel now more than ever. Your blood can save lots of people.

Rachel:But will the others agree to test on them?

She smiles and tilts her head on the side.

Ava:You're a very smart girl. But not that much smart. You see, the others won't know that we will test on them because after you talk to them and convince them that this place is what Janson says it is,...

She pauses for a second.

Ava:You know what will happen.

After she says that, my mind goes straight to the unconscious kids with the wires.

Rachel :I don't want my friends to end up like the kids in that room.

Ava:They won't. You see, the Tribrid plan is another way of taking the kids's abilities and use them. They won't feel anything.

I think of it for a second.

Ava:Rachel, why would I lie to you? I'm your mother.

Rachel: OK, I'm in.

Ava:But remember. You can't let them know anything of what I told you. Or that I'm alive.

I widen my eyes and I nod. Suddenly the door opens and Janson appears.

Janson:They're escaping.

Ava turns to look at me.

Ava:It's time. You'll escape with them. You'll find the Right Arm and then you'll turn this to open.

She gives me a switch.

Ava:When it lights up we'll be able to track you and then the cure will be in our hands.

Rachel:Wait, you didn't say anything about the Right Arm.

Ava:I'm saying now

She gives me a bottle of pills.

Ava:This is the most important part. Every night you'll be taking one pill. This will help you keep your memory.

Rachel:What?

Ava:Try to find the Right Arm before the pills end. Now go.

She gives me the pills, opens the door and pushes me outside.

Ava:Find your friends. And hurry. We don't have much time.

I nod and I run in the hallways. I actually don't know where I'm going but I finally find them. I hear a guard saying that he has found them. I can't let him catch them. He sees me and tries to attack me. After a few punches I knock him down. When he falls down I see the guys on the other side.

Rachel:You really think you'd leave without me?

We all laugh and after running for a while we find our exit. Unfortunately it doesn't open. Janson is at the end of the hallway. After Janson and Thomas talk for a while but intense, the door opens and we get out. The door starts closing and Thomas slides unde the door before it closes. We see Janson at the window of the door. Everyone laugh except me. While the others run outside I look at Janson. I nod and he nods back. Then I run after the others.