The Scorch

Rachel's POV
I wake up in the box and notice that it's going up.

Rachel:No, no, no. No!

The door opens above me and I hear someone calling my name

Minho :Rachel! Rachel! Wake up!

I open my eyes and I'm in the helicopter.

Minho :We gotta go! Come one!

I get outside and we are at a dark place. People with masks tell us to run inside.

Man:Cranks!

They start shooting some people. Probably infected. We run in a place. The doors close behind us. This place looks like the military.

Man:Cmon kids.

They put us in a room and after a while the door opens. A man appears.

Man:You kids are alright? Sorry about all the fuss. We had ourselves a bit of a swarm.

Rachel:Who are you?

Man:I'm the reason you're all still alive. It's my intension to keep you that way. Now come with me. We'll get you kids squared away.

While we walk he talks to us.

Man:You can call me Mr. Janson. I run this place. For us it is a sanctuary, safe from the horrors of the outside world. You all should think of it as a way of station. Kind of a home between homes. Watch yourselves

Rachel:That mean you're taking us home?

Janson:A home of sorts. Sadly, there wouldn't be much left of wherever you came from. But we do have a place for you. A refuge, outside the Scorch, where WCKD will never find you again. How does that sound?

Thomas:Why are you helping us?

Janson:Let's just say the world out there is in a rather precarious situation. We're all hanging on a very thin thread. The fact that you kids can survive the Flare virus makes you the best chance of humanity's continued survival. Unfortunately, it also makes you a target, an so doubt by now you've noticed. Beyond this door lies the beggining of your new lives.

He shows us a metal door with only one window. He opens it with a key card and in the other side of the door there is a long hallway.

Janson:First things first, let's do something about that smell.

We all look at each other and smile. After the bath they take us in a med bay.

Rachel:Wait, what is that?

Man:Just a little cocktail. Calcium, folate, vitaminus A through Z. Pretty much everything you've been deprived of out there. Try to relax.

The man leaves and a woman appears.

Woman:You must be Rachel.

She closes the curtain not letting the others see what's going on. She puts a needle in my hand and takes some of my blood. She puts cotton on the wound from where the needle entered. When she turns around I look at the wound and notice that it's healed. She walks out with my blood and after a while she returns.

Woman:You can go.

She waves to two men and they escort me out. I notice that the woman has gone to Teresa and closes the curtains there too. I walk in the dining room and see many tables with kids 16 or 17 years old. Boys and girls. Minho walks up to me.

Minho :Rachel!

Rachel:Hey Minho, what's going on?

Minho:We weren't the only maze. Come on.