26. SEP 07TH

******

Love when it comes without a warnin'
'Cause waitin' for it gets so borin'
A lot can change in twenty seconds
A lot can happen in the dark

******

October 1st, 1994

I watched the waves break on its own water before the foam reached the sand. It really was paradise. I was really living in a dream, doing things I thought I could only wish for, that are now becoming reality.

Caring you in my belly for the past 4 months was like living in a dream, waking up with this beautiful ocean view to my right and your daddy to my left every morning was definitely the most exciting part of my day. To simply wake up and realize it is not a dream.

A good 45 minutes in bed with Daddy every morning, watching him go from giving me his morning voice and full attention to diving down to my stomach that was starting to grow day by day. And they were, taking him fully to yourself as you give the first kick of the day to announce you were up to.

The city life was our life, our plan to raise you, but with your father still working and me being able to work remotely, we are found in Malibu, on the complete opposite side of the country, living in 100° temperature with surf boards and water toys ready to go.

Here we don't own a house, so we are staying with your grandparents, the house you will be spending most of your summers in and fall in love with music and all the instruments that feel every inch of the monument. Monument, because it is where legendary hits were made, where your father played his first instrument and The place you'll play yours.

While my days are filled with a lot of alone time on the balcony, reading or writing while getting some vitamin D, this is the most slow paced I have ever had in my life. As the crazy life started the day I first met your father in high school, when on our first date he took me to a Rolling Stones concert, but as you may have guessed it wasn't any bought out seat tickets.

Your father always kept his life outside of school very private, even though everyone knew who his father was. And while I wasn't surprised if he had gotten us really good seats because of his father's connection, I never thought we would be getting front row, backstage passes to get to me legends of my time.

That day, he told me a bit about his life growing up in his father's shadow, how he wanted to prove everyone wrong, that he wanted to be better than the legend himself.

And a single day turned into countless hours on the phone falling for your father, those hours turned into days, weeks, months and the last two years of high school. At only 16 I watched your father point pick songs from the greatest albums to ever exist.

"Dirty work" was the first project his father had allowed him to put his touch on and for the last two summers of high school we traveled the world touring with his father and the Rolling Stones while falling deeply in love. After that College came around, my heart got broken in pieces even though we tried our best to do long distance, but it wasn't our time and so after college I decided to travel the world and start writing my own books and take the money my grandparents left me to fund my own work and enjoy life.

Growing up together in high school your father taught me that, no matter how hard and busy your life seems to be at the moment, to always enjoy the good part of it. And so I did, I wrote my first book while in Africa working at a nonprofit organization while having no time off as every six months I could be relocated to a new station in a different country.