01. AUG 12TH

AUG 11TH & 12TH

ADRIANA's POV

It was 9 in the evening, I was sitting down in the big cloud couch that filled the entire living room, facing the big windows that lead to a beautiful lake that the property was connected to, I was looking through the windows but not actually seeing anything, I was looking at a focused point with thousands thoughts going through my mind. I was quite used to it, while my father played the white piano, I would sit there with a book and a cup of hot tea. It used to be 3 of us, with my mom drinking her wine while typing in one of the books she was working on at the moment but it's been 4 months since cancer took her away from us, 4 months of just dad and I.

It was very hard in the beginning, having to wake up every morning to go to school and be reminded by every person that you are not okay and it's okay to not be okay. My mom was very present in my life, so every corner I took or place I went reminded me of her, and being in New York was hell for the first 2 months, having her work in every book store and people that I have never met come up to me to talk about her didn't help neither, until summer came around.

As soon as classes were over, my dad and I went straight to the Malibu house. The city was too much to deal with, there was always something reminding us of her, people she worked with, the news constantly reminding us of her. There was a lot to take, but not enough space given to take it in.

Around the same time we found out my mom had cancer, I had gotten accepted into the college of Central Saint Martins for an one year art program, which starts in 3 weeks, but my father and I are flying to London tomorrow, where he is going to be helping me move into my dorm, aka two bedroom apartment.

"Goodnight dad" I get up from the couch I have been sitting on for the past 2 hours.

"Already?" He asked, still playing the piano.

"Yah, I still have some stuff to pack, and Sabrina just asked me to call her"

"Alright love, don't go to sleep too late, we have to be at the airport by 5 tomorrow" I landed a kiss on his cheek before heading to my room.

Sabrina was a friend, somebody I met on the art program website. They have a section where kids that are going to be attending the program can get to know each other, and around 6 months before my mom died, Sabrina and I met through the website, and we started talking pretty often, and when it was time to look into dorms, we had the opportunity to get an apartment together. But while I begin moving in in two days, she will only be able to move in by  next week.

"Hey girl, what are you up to?" Sabrina asked, as soon as she answered my FaceTime call.

"I still have some stuff to pack, but I will be going to bed soon" I announced placing my laptop on the floor in front of me.

"Are you excited?" Sabrina asked, laying in her bed.

"Hell yah, we are staying at a hotel for a few days, just until I get my room set up. When are you flying in?" As I was talking to her, I was also organizing my makeup and some shoes into my very over packed suitcase.

"I will be in London on Thursday but won't be moving in until Monday. We should all get lunch together, my brother is in town already, you SO have to meet him"

"I will check with my dad, but it's a most definitely"

Our conversation goes on for about an hour and a half, just enough time for me to finish up closing my suitcases, and picking my airport outfit.