31

Yeji was struggling to make her decision. She's not sure if she should take the scholarship or not.

One big reason is, she doesn't want to leave Ryujin. Ryujin tells her that they can do long distance that as long as they love each other they'll be fine.

Yeji doesn't really believe that. She thinks long distance is just a way to prolong the inevitable but Ryujin is very adamant that they'll make it because they love each other.

She asked Ryujin to come over to talk more about this.

They're now sitting on Yeji's bed.

"I don't want to take the offer" Yeji broke the silence.

"What? Why? This is a one of a kind opportunity? Why would you reject it?"

"I don't want to lose you."

"Why would you lose me? I'm not going anywhere." Ryujin reassured her.

"You can find someone else while I'm gone. I won't be next to you. Someone might try to steal you from me."

"Yeji, many people can try to take me away from you but I will never let them. I don't want them nor will I want anyone else but you."

"I still don't want to take it. I won't leave you" Yeji now being stubborn.

"Do you want to attend the school? If I wasn't in the picture, would you accept it?" Ryujin asked.

Yeji didn't even think about it, "Yes I would."

"Then I guess we have our solution. We need to break up."

Yeji's eyes widened, "What? Why?!"

"Yeji, I don't want to hold you back. If being with me, is the reason you don't want to take this then we can't be together. I want to help you achieve your dreams. Not hinder it. I promise I won't replace you. It's impossible to find someone who's better for me than you. So please take this and make your dreams come true and I will be by your side cheering you on."

"Okay. I love you" Yeji said then kissed Ryujin.

After their kiss, "I love you more."

"So we're gonna do long distance right? I'll visit you as much as I can" Ryujin asked.

-----

The day Yeji left was the hardest day Ryujin had ever gone through. Watching the love of her life walk away and not knowing for sure when they will be together again hurts her. But she put up a brave face in front of Yeji claiming everything will be okay.

She wants Yeji to experience everything she wants in life even if it means she had to be left behind. It doesn't mean she's gonna give up though, she will do everything in her power to make this work. She will not allow long distance break them apart.

They video chat almost every day and updating each other about their lives. Ryujin's business is doing well. Yeji is doing well in school. Creating new friends and learning so much about dancing she didn't know before.

Ryujin has visited a few times and they have the best time. When it's time to leave, that's a different story. It breaks Ryujin's heart leaving Yeji every time but she just tells herself that this is just temporary. One day they will be back together again.

Over time, they just chatted less and less due to their busy schedule. Every time Ryujin would ask when she could visit, Yeji would simply reply that it's not a good time right now. Clearly, this made Ryujin sad but she can't do anything about it.

Ryujin sat on her bed staring at the box on the floor she was gonna send to Yeji. She sends Yeji a care package every week so she doesn't get homesick but now she's not sure if she should send this one or not. She's slowly losing Yeji and she feels helpless. In the end, she decided to send it still. The small chance that it might make Yeji happy was enough to convince her to do it.

It's nearing graduation time for the girls. Chaeryeong and Lia had decided to live together after graduation. Ryujin and Yeji are still together but it's not the same as it was before. Which Ryujin expected but she didn't think it was going to be this bad.

Ryujin tries to reach out to fix their relationship every day but Yeji is not putting in the same effort. At this point, Ryujin doesn't know what to do but she doesn't want to give up either. She tells herself, Yeji is graduating soon and she will be back home then everything should be back to normal.

One day, Yeji called Ryujin first and this made her excited. The content of the phone call wasn't good news. Yeji was offered a job and she took it which means she won't be coming back home anytime soon. The news hurt Ryujin. Not because she took the job but she didn't tell her first. She would have supported Yeji.

Ryujin offered to move to where she was after graduation so they can be together and Yeji agreed. Ryujin noticed that Yeji didn't seem as happy with the news. Ryujin began to question, does Yeji still love her like she says she does?or is she just busy.

Ryujin just hopes for the best that in the end, they will work out and be together.