19

Winter is sitting up front holding the reins. Ryujin is sitting at the back, fidgeting with her hands clearly nervous.

They're getting closer to Yeji's house and Ryujin is starting to sweat. She just started speaking nonsense about how Yeji will never say yes and what was she thinking.

Winter then turned her body around and slapped Ryujin, "Get it together. You got this. Remember, be shameless now and be shy later."

"First of all, ow! Second, the slap wasn't necessary. Third, it's be courageous not shameless!" Ryujin said while holding her cheek.

"Yea yea. You're overthinking. Relax. Enjoy your date" Winter reminded her.

They arrived at Yeji's house. Ryujin jumped off the carriage and walked to the front door.

She's facing the door, holding flowers in one hand. She takes a deep breath then hit the doorbell.

Mrs. Hwang opened the door and smiled at Ryujin, "You look dashing, Ryujin."

"Thank you Mrs. Hwang. It's a rare sight to see me dress like this" Ryujin laughed.

"Come on in. Yeji is just finishing up" Yeji's mom let her in. Ryujin looked around the house. It's a very cozy home, minimalistic interior designs, black furnitures, some family pictures in different areas.

"Have a seat" Yeji's dad said pointing at the couch.

Ryujin sat down feeling nervous. She wiped her sweaty hands on her palms. She looked at Yeji's dad to see him already staring at her.

"I'm sure you know what we're gonna discuss here, Ryujin" Mr. Hwang started talking, "I care a lot about my daughter and I'm sure you've noticed she's very soft hearted and gullible. She's been hurt used, manipulated, lied to, and among other things."

"Sir, I have no plans on hurting your daughter. I want to protect her from the people that wants to hurt her" Ryujin said confidently.

"You know, as a father, it's very heartbreaking to see your daughter cry because people mistreat her or bully her. She's so innocent and always tries to make everyone around her happy. I've noticed the smile on her face ever since you started courting her. It's different. I hope you won't let me down. I don't want to hear she's crying because of you." Yeji's dad said.

"I can't promise she won't cry because of me. As you probably know, conflicts happens in relationships. I'm sure Yeji and I will have our fair share of conflicts that may cause her or myself to cry but I can promise I won't break her heart sir." Ryujin proudly said. She shocked herself with her answer.

She mentally gave herself a high-five then Mr. Hwang spoke again, "There's my beautiful daughter!" He was looking towards the staircase.

Ryujin turned around and for her, time seemed to slow down. She doesn't know how it's possible but she swears everything around her went dark and there was just a spotlight pointing at Yeji.

She was wearing a tight off shoulder black dress with black high heels.

Mesmerized was an understatement term for Ryujin. Captivated still wasn't good enough to describe how Ryujin felt. Bewitch maybe? She thought.

All she knows is that there's a beautiful girl looking at her as she makes her way down the stairs and stopped in front of the girl that's frozen.

Yeji waved her hand in front of Ryujin's face, "Hey Ryu, are you okay?"

Ryujin shook her head to clear her head, she then looked at Yeji, "There's something on your face."

"What? I just finished my make up!" Yeji took out a compact mirror from her purse and looked through the mirror to see what Ryujin was talking about.

Ryujin pulled down the mirror and pointed at Yeji's face, "Right there. It's called beauty."

Yeji frowned, "I thought there really was something on my face!"

Ryujin laughed, "I'm sorry. You just look really beautiful."

Meanwhile, Yeji's parents were laughing out loud because of what Ryujin said.

"You look great as well" Yeji said to Ryujin.

"Thank you. You know what they say. Dress to impress and I'm definitely trying to impress you" Ryujin smiled.

"You don't have to impress me. I like you just how you are" Yeji reached out to touch Ryujin's face.

"I'm about to puke. The air seems too sweet and cheesy" Hyunjin walked in from the kitchen.

"You're just jealous you don't have a date" Yeji taunting her brother.

The two siblings started bickering. In the meantime, Ryujin suddenly remembered she's holding flowers.

She interrupted the Hwang debate, "Oh this is for you by the way. I got so distracted by your gorgeous face that I forgot to give you this." She handed Yeji the flowers.

The taller girl took it and smelled it, "This is so beautiful. Thank you Ryu."

"No need to thank me. It's my pleasure" Ryujin winked.

"I'm sure soon you'll be pleasuring Yeji" Hyunjin commented.

"HYUNJIN!!!" Yeji and the parents yelled.

Hyunjin raised his hands up to show defeat then walked up the stairs to his room.

Ryujin looked at Yeji to see her face all red. Ryujin laughed and thought what a cutie pie this kitten is.

"We should probably go. Your chariot awaits" Ryujin said then bowed.

"Okay" Yeji waved goodbye to her parents and proceed to walk towards the door.

"Ryujin. Don't forget our conversation" Yeji's dad reminded Ryujin.

"Of course sir" Ryujin smiled.

Ryujin opened the door for Yeji and let her step out first. Ryujin followed then closed the door. She took a step forward and was met with Yeji's back.

"Why'd you stop?" Ryujin asked.

Yeji didn't say anything and was just staring ahead to where Winter was waiting for them.

Yeji was speechless. She doesn't know if this is real or a dream.

She turned around to look at Ryujin only to see the short girl smiling widely at her.

Yeji can feel tears starting to build up. She quickly wiped it to not ruin her makeup.

Finally she was able to speak, "Ryujin. What is this?"