17| "𝖻𝖾𝖼𝖺𝗎𝗌𝖾 𝖨'𝗆 𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝗀𝗈𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖺𝗇𝗒𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾."

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:

"BECAUSE I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE."

Loud laughs and slurred chatter could be heard all throughout the camp

Loud laughs and slurred chatter could be heard all throughout the camp. Evening was coming closer and closer to earth like usual as all the campers were stumbling around, laughing to themselves at whatever they were looking at. Rain had slowly began to fall from the sky, only spitting onto the amounts of teenagers that were around one another. One boy was even taking off his shirt and jacket, leaving him shirtless with only his pants and boots on.

The Blake sisters were swerving through all the slurred teenagers, grabbing things they'll need for the grounder. A jacket, a shirt and just a few other things. After Octavia gave Miller some nuts without him being suspicious, the said boy was out of the dropship, not laughing like everyone else but he wasn't focusing on whatever the girls were doing as he was 'high' himself on the nuts he had eaten.

After getting all the clothes for the grounder that they'd need, the twins were rushing inside the dropship and climbing up in the room. Y/n had learned from her sister that the grounder's name was Lincoln. Eventually, they dropped all the clothes to the floor, both going on either sides and cutting the ropes that were wrapped around Lincoln's wrists and ankles as he stumbled to his knees, grunting in pain.

"We need to go now." Y/n ushers.

"Why are you two doing this?" Lincoln asks as they began to put the clothes on him.

Octavia sighs. "Just get dressed."

"They'll know you both helped me." Lincoln reminds.

"You said it-- You stay here, you'll die." Octavia recalls. "I'm not gonna let that happen. Neither will Y/n."

Lincoln shakes his head. "I'm not gonna put either of you in danger."

"Hey, come on. You need to do this now." Y/n demands as her and her sister put the jacket on him.

"Even in these clothes, I'll be seen." Lincoln tells them.

"People are seeing plenty of things right now." Y/n comments.

The Blake twins placed each of his arms around their shoulders as they started leading him to the ladder, wanting to rush it before everyone started to come back to normal and Miller would be climbing up into the dropship soon.

"What'd you two do?" Lincoln questions.

"Set out some of our winter rations a little early." Octavia replies, beginning to zip up his sweater and jacket.

"Jobi nuts," Lincoln realizes. "the food you gave my guard, they go bad, they cause visions, but it wears off."

"Just try to get as far away as you can, okay, and try not to get yourself killed." Octavia instructs.

Nodding in response, the grounder begins to turn to the ladder, however, he stops as he turns back to Octavia, leaning down and pressing his lips to hers as one of his hands come up to the side of her face.

Y/n's eyes widen at the sight as she instantly looks away, turning her back to them as she felt like she needed to give them privacy. When pulling away, both glanced to her who was awkwardly glancing around, making Lincoln smile at the look on her face before he exits the dropship, leaving the twins inside.

The night sky had replaced the light blue that had been out the entire day. The loud chatters around the camp could be heard as everyone was back to normal. Raven and Finn had helped out as they kept everyone who tried to get out while they were high on the nuts inside the camp while the Collins boy had dumped all the nights in a fire so no one could get ahold of them again.

As the Blake twins walked through camp, hoping Lincoln had gotten as far as he could from them, Y/n took notice of Jasper sitting in a seat, his eyes closed as a smile laid on his face while he hugged the stick Octavia had given him earlier in the day. Even though he was off of the nuts, he still held onto it.

"Rough night?" Monty asks as he walks up to the twins.

"Yeah. My head is killing me." Octavia lies, placing a hand on her temple.

Y/n nods. "Me, too. "What about you?"

"I'm pretty sure I ate a pine cone because it told me to." Monty recalls.

"He's gone. The grounder's gone." Miller announces as he rushes out of the dropship, everyone's attention going to him.

"What if he brings other grounders back?" Jasper questions, coming up beside Finn.

"He'll kill us all." A boy states

"Or worse." A girl adds.

"Let the grounders come." A deep voice calls out.

Everyone looks over at the source of the voice, seeing Bellamy and Clarke walking through the crowd as everyone's attention goes to them as bags laid in their grips and over their shoulders. The Blake twins glance at one another before looking back over at their brother.

"We've been afraid of them for far too long, and why?" Bellamy continues his speech. "Because of their knives and spears. Well, I don't know about you... but I'm tired of being afraid."

The Blake boy glances to Clarke who glances at him, both nodding to one another before they reveal the guns they had been hiding behind their backs, ropes tied to the end of them so it'd be easier to carry. Chatter was immediately exchanged around the camp as the sisters of the ground shared a glance.

"These are weapons, okay, not toys, and we have to be prepared to give them up to the guard when the dropships come, but until then, they're gonna help keep us safe." Clarke explains.

"And there are plenty more where these came from." Bellamy adds. "Tomorrow we start training, and if the grounders come, we're gonna be ready to fight."

After their speeches, everyone had dispersed from one another but the sisters stayed together. Both found themselves leaning up against a tree near the forest as they stared out into the darkness. Octavia was thinking of a certain grounder while Y/n was thinking of a certain criminal, both thinking about boys that they had grown to care for.

Neither of them noticed their brother walking up behind them until he placed a blanket on each of his little sisters, watching as they jumped a little while snapping out of their trances, gratefully taking the blankets and wrapping them around their shoulders before Y/n went back to resting her head on Octavia's, their backs to their brother.

"I don't expect either of you to forgive me, but you'll both have to find a way to live with me... because I'm not going anywhere." Bellamy tells them.

"Bellamy..." Clarke calls, making him look over. "It's time."

Glancing between the blonde and his sisters, the Blake boy begins to walk off, however, he stops in his tracks, hands in his jacket pocket while he turns back to his sisters.

"That grounder escaping, was that you two?" Bellamy asks.

"We had nothing to do with it." Y/n lies.

"Thanks for the blankets." Octavia calls to him, Y/n nodding in agreement.

Seeming to believe them, Bellamy walks off with Clarke, taking one last glance at his sisters. Y/n rested her head back on her twin's shoulder, feeling her gently place her head on her own as they stood together in silence.