21| "𝗌𝗁𝖾'𝗌 𝖺 𝖿𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍𝖾𝗋."

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE:

"SHE'S A FIGHTER."

After the news of John Murphy being the weapon, half of the dropship held the few sick teenagers that had brought Murphy into the camp, meaning they had full contact with him

After the news of John Murphy being the weapon, half of the dropship held the few sick teenagers that had brought Murphy into the camp, meaning they had full contact with him. Only a few minutes had passed, meaning it was still day time outside and the oldest Blake sibling was still in rage, especially after he heard about the 'weapon' the grounders brought back to them and seeing how close one of his little sisters were with the boy he despised.

Despite knowing Murphy was sick, Y/n stayed by the boy's side, already knowing that she had contact with him and knew if she went out of the dropship she'd risk getting more people sick. At this point, she didn't care about being sick, she only wanted to help Murphy and heal his wounds as best as she could before Clarke could finish them. Bellamy kept a safe distance away from his sister and Clarke, but was still in the dropship himself.

"Is this your revenge, helping the grounders kill us?" Bellamy asks.

"I didn't know about this, okay, I swear." Murphy tells him.

"Stop lying." Bellamy yells. "When are they coming?"

"Murphy, think, alright? What can you tell us that's useful? Did you hear anything?" Y/n questions.

Murphy shakes his head. "They are vicious, cruel."

"You wanna see vicious?" Bellamy snaps, taking a step forward.

"Hey, don't." Clarke demands. "Whatever this thing is, it spreads through contact."

Just then, Finn rushes into the dropship. "Clarke?"

"Finn, you shouldn't be in here. No one should." Clarke informs.

"I heard you were sick." Finn recalls.

Suddenly, Y/n lets out a rough cough, her arm going right against her mouth as she coughed against it. At the sight, Murphy grabbed her hand, holding it in his which Bellamy noticed and glared at him, going to step to his sister but Clarke gave him a stern look as if to tell him to stay back. As he hesitantly does as told, Y/n moves her arm, revealing a small bit of blood seeped onto the arm of her jacket.

"Clarke, what is this?" Finn asks.

Clarke sighs. "I don't know, some kind of hemorrhagic fever. We just need to contain it before--"

All of a sudden, the Griffin girl is cut off by the sound of Derek coughing furiously from behind them. The blonde stands up, shrugging Finn's hands off her when he touches her, instructing him to wash his hands before she stops in front of Derek. The boy began vomiting out blood before he suddenly went limp on the floor. Clarke kneels down, placing her fingers on the side of his neck to check his pulse.

"Is he..." Y/n begins, trailing off as her eyes were wide in fear.

"He's dead." Clarke confirms.

Everyone in the dropship glance at each other, fear in their eyes at her words while the blonde stands up and grabs a bottle of alcohol, turning to Finn who held his hands out, remembering she had instructed him to wash his hands. Clarke then dumps some of the alcohol on his hands, knowing it'd get the bacteria off after he had touched her arm.